We had booked a deluxe king room which "recently refurbished Deluxe King rooms wihch are more spacious than the Standard rooms. The Deluxe King rooms feature wireless Internet access, comfortable furniture and state of the art LCD TVs, perfect for relaxation after a hard day. In addition, the Deluxe King rooms all have well appointed luxury bathrooms featuring a bath and Power shower as well as a full range of complimentary toiletries"
Refurbished; laminate flooring stuck on as drawer fronts. More scuff marks on the walls than paint. Glass placed on top of a dirty dressing table. Holes in the bedding.
LCD TV; fuzzy channels.
Wifi; could only be found in one corner of the room.
Well appointed luxury
bathrooms; big chip out of bath panel.
The room had certainly not been recently done, very tired & grubby looking. Felt very cheated for the money we had payed.
On the positive side, the room & bathroom was clean. The staff where helpful & friendly. The breakfast was lovely, good
selection of cold & hot food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King James is located just off Edinburgh’s world-famous Princes Street, and a short walk from the Royal Mile. Whether you’re here for work or pleasure, the Fringe or to see in the New Year, you’re guaranteed a warm Scottish welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King James, Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- King James By Thistle Edinburgh
- Thistle Edinburgh City Centre, The King James Scotland