“Nice - if you catch the right staff”
Review of La Cerise

La Cerise
Ranked #46 of 68 Dessert in Edinburgh
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Only a small patisserie but all the cakes and ice creams/ sorbets are home-made and delicious. The staff are very family friendly.
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I work in the area and occasionally venture in for a quick lunch. On this afternoon I had the misfortune of being served by the worst-mannered employee, and I was really put off from the meal.

I've had much better experiences here before as the food is homemade and tasty. I'll be avoiding the place whenever I see the gal with long braids behind the counter, I suggest you do the same!

2  Thank driedsoap

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I visited La Cerise for a late breakfast and was very impressed by the service and quality of the food. I had scrambled eggs on toast and the portion was huge, great value for money!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stopped here for lunchtime break during a wedding.
All I can say is we will be back - the chocolate tart and chocolate mouse were to die for - can't wait to try others on our next Edinburgh visit

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stopped in here for a late lunch and had home made mac and cheese with ham - a generous portion and absolutely delicious. Served with a lovely fresh side salad with a tasty dressing. Service was cheery and pleasant. Coffee very good as was the choc and walnut brownie. No complaints and would definitely come again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

On the way to visit Britannia, this is a recommended place to stop by.

Nice place with variety of options to eat.

Very good service.