“A hidden gem in the heart of Edinburgh”
Review of Chez Jules - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Looking for a different venue for lunch after a morning shopping we popped into Chez Jules and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and friendliness of the staff. Very French with delicious olives and bread on the ouse as the menus were perused. Daily specials are spread on many boards and some on the walls as well! Steak with dauphinoise potatoes and salad was a tasty treatt, washed don by a glass of house wine. Overall a very enjoyable and not too pricey an experience. We've been back twice!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have eaten lunch in Chez Jules many times and each time it has been delicious and amazingly good value! It is always full and bustling but this doesn't impact on the level of service. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I walk into this lovely restaurant in Edinburgh I feel that I am in France. It has the atmosphere of a French country restaurant. The food is great and prices are very reasonable. I love this place!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Meeting with friends on Saturday afternoon could not have been made any better by the service and food at Chez Jules. The atmosphere consistently proves welcoming and hence the place is busy with the chatter and laughter of happy folk. Served promptly with the customary olives, delicious dressed lettuce (yes I did say that!) we decided on the house white and chose from the daily fare! Never disappointing, excellent goats cheese starter, fish main course and my favourite apple crumble. Finished off with more wine and having nibbled our way through the cheese platter, we all left fed, watered and looking forward to returning - again and again!

1  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The restaurant is so dirty and the stuff and owner are very rude. They don't really care whether you like your meal or not; they not gonna change it for you. Also they bathroom is so dirty. In terms of cleanness the place is definitely C.