“Worst meal for a long time”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Jules - CLOSED

Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Worst meal for a long time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

It feels odd writing a very bad review after the previous review was really good and I thought a bit before doing it. But I've had my worst meal for quite some thime here and I felt unwell afterwards for the rest of the day. I don't think that the food was off but really greasy. The atmosphere was nice enough, the service friendly. The lunch offers are with 6.90 pounds for nibbles, green salat main course very attractive. Salat and nibbles were fine but the main course truely awful. I had the fish of the day. It had the consistancy of rubber and I had difficulties cutting or chewing it and it tasted quite fishiy. It came with chips and lemon butter. The taste of the lemon butter was good but in combination with the chips just very greasy. The chips were soaked with frying oil which was not fresh. The wine (they had a young Bougoulais) was good but could not rate the place up as the food was that bad. I would give them only one star but with service and atmosphere being not too bad, it would not work out. But if the quality of the food is important for you, then don't go there!

1 Thank Kristina28

Wigan
“Just opened and well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

We found this recently opened French restaurant by chance last Sunday. We had a superb meal set in a great atmosphere with excellent service. The price was very reasonable so couldn't fault the evening.

1 Thank WiganDiner