“Quality hotel”

Brooks Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #86 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Really nice hotel , everything is made with quality like the bed or the really good breakfast (quality of the best brunch) . People are really nice too.

10min from western castle but I think there's closer.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Particularly appreciated the lounge - smart, coordinated & comfortable settees. I spent a couple of hours here reading in front of the fire and relaxing with a glass of jolly good red wine. The breakfast was freshly cooked & using more superior products than you often get a hotel of a much higher star rating. I was a solo traveller and felt very safe staying at Brooks - & the staff didn't treat me like a 'leper' either as often happens when travelling alone. The rooms were well furnished with style & the location was quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hilary c
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. No regrets at all. Service was excellent and the breakfast very good! The offer of tea and coffee is always there when we have to wait for anything. We love your cookies, Ben!

The owner has definitely filled in the gap of giving added value to a bed and breakfast. Location is great, just a short walk to restaurants and the buses - we took the bus to Rosslyn Chapel.

The room we were in was comfortable and being newly refurbished, all the bedding and linen were fresh and new. They officially open on 2 May and we wish them all the very best. We will stay here again when we return to Edinburgh!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweeChin
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We booked at Brooks very last-minute this week due to a change in plans for our trip that our previously booked hotel would not accommodate. Brooks was fabulous - I wish I had found it earlier! The staff were warm and welcoming and went out of their way to get us settled in a family room with our baby. The new renovations are lovely - it is clean and comfortable, and our room was very spacious. Breakfast was top-notch. An easy walk to Edinburgh Castle. The cost was unbelievably reasonable for the quality and service we found at the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC). As another reviewer mentioned it's very convenient for the EICC, only about 5 minutes walk. But overall it was just a great hotel to stay in. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When my colleague and I arrived early they asked us if we'd like a cup of tea and brought us a lovely tray while we sat in the very comfortable lounge/bar. The rooms were extremely nice and if I needed anything (e.g. ironing board) it was brought quickly and with a smile. We had a drink in the bar in the evening and staff immediately put the large fire on to warm us up and left us to help ourselves to a drink, and just asked us to make a note of what we'd had. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. They let us have a late check-out and even forwarded my phone charger to me when I left it in my room. It has a lovely relaxed feel and I was very impressed. It's a little further away from the centre of town, but only about 10 minutes walk or so, and I expect that's why the rooms are so reasonable. I'd definitely come back for a non-work stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AliceR658
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Booked this hotel last minute and was pleasantly surprised with our stay. Got a family room on the second floor, the room was nicely decorated, nice big beds, kids beds were comfortable, TV worked fine, great shower and well heated.

The hotel is being renovated so the first floor is a bit of a mess as is the staircase down to reception but it will be nice when it's finished. The "view" from the family room (216) was onto a pretty grotty looking outdoor stair case - I assume also under renovation.

Location wise it's great, 5 mins from the EICC and Lothian Road. Parking however is an issue - there is none ! It's all residents permits around the hotel and the traffic wardens are notorious so don't chance it. The hotel give you a discount for the NCP car park (converted waste ground) about 5 mins walk away but it's still £12 a day !

The staff were very friendly and accommodating to all our needs and the wifi worked pretty well as well - which is free as well.

I'd go back but leave the car elsewhere

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason D
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel was a joy to stay in. I was staying, with 2 friends for the weekend. I booked 3 single rooms and was delighted when we were give rooms with double beds instead of single, as was expected.The en-suite was of very high standard,and had a great shower. The decor of the hotel is very tastefully done. The staff from Duty managers, to kitchen staff, housekeepinf staff and receptionist were all very efficient, polite and they couldn't do enough for you. Very helpful with information on places to visit and the best way to get there. Breakfast menu was fantastic. from full scottish to eggs benedict and anything in between, as well as cereal, fruit juice, fresh fruit, toast, bagels and yogurt with raspberry compot, muselli and topped of with fresh fruit, absolutley lovely. The residents lounge was wonderful, with the comfy sofas, antique chairs and ofcourse the "trust bar". Just help yourself and write it on the form provided. The location is 5mins from Haymarket station or a 15 min stroll into town or if, like us, jump on the bus round the corner and use your bus pass!!!! There is still parts of the hotel to be re-furbished,( finished by the end of April) and looking forward to returning with my family.

Room Tip: If, like one of my friends, you live in a quiet location, (She lives in the Scottish Highlands and i...