“NOT A THING TO FAULT !!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brooks Hotel Edinburgh

Brooks Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Bristol, United Kingdom
“NOT A THING TO FAULT !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

What a great place, I live in Bristol, so will defo book into the Brook Hotel in my city or even the Brook Hotel in Bath. All my friends and family ever in need of a hotel to book in either one of these 3 cities, I will be advising them to book into the Brook.
Great rooms, helpful and friendly staff, lovely breakfast. the decor has a great finish with a mixture of old, new and stylish, you find yourself really relaxed in great surroundings.
Greeted by the owner herself, she took time to ask how we were, and what we can do and where to go in the city. She even up graded us as a bigger room become availible.
Great all round and big thanks to the manager Emma for all the help and directions around Edinburgh, with your top knowledge of the city you managed to help us enjoy our visit, and see and do things we didnt even know existed.
I have nothing bad to say about this Hotel !!

See you again soon !!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carla B, General Manager at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and found my recommendations helpful. I do try! I have passed all of your wonderful comments onto the team and we hopefully will see you again soon!

Emma Loane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

When we arrived at Brooks hotel there was no record of our booking so I was glad to have our print out confirmation from the booking site. An initially confused member of staff then said they did still have a room and we were led through the gorgeous hotel to a make shift room in an outbuilding which was horrendous! Damp, old, next door to what looked like a staff kitchen, we were really disappointed. The standard of this 'overflow' room was just unacceptable for the rate we had paid in advance.

On returning to the reception desk and saying this wasn't good enough we were then presented with a room in the main hotel which was lovely but it couldn't be promised as ours as we had to wait to see if other bookings turned up. It all worked out ok and we enjoyed this room very much however the breakdown in communication between the booking site and the previous grotty room took the edge off the stay for us.

Room Tip: Ring to confirm your booking with the hotel directly.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mundosuenos
Carla B, General Manager at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Hello
I am very sorry for the confusion over your booking. We do have a room at the back of the hotel which is yet to be refurbished, it sounds as though the hotel was originally full but we received a 'no show' hence we were able to move you into the main hotel. We do on occasions let our un-refurbished room at reduced rates, this should have been explained to you.
Perhaps you could contact me directly so that I may have the opportunity to discuss this matter with you and have the opportunity to look into the cause of your missing booking?

Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here recently when visiting our son who has just moved to Edinburgh for work. Booked it via a late booking app that only lets you book rooms on the day (we had set off before we even booked) Arrived to find that the booking had not reached the hotel but since we could show the confirmation email the hotel not only managed to accommodate us but upgraded us to a much larger room at the same cost.

We had only booked one night but decided to stay a second night, this meant a room change to a compact room since the lovely room we had was not free the second night, but even that room was one we would book again. The hotel sorted moving our rooms, even moving the bags after we went out for the day.

The beds were extra comfy, the rooms were laid out well and really nicely decorated as well as creating a relaxing ambiance , the breakfasts superb and the best bit was the lovely lounge with its honesty bar. A great place to just sit and chill before and after going out.

A great place to relax and within walking distance of the city centre. We found all staff very helpful and friendly.

Only downside, and it really was minimal, was the compact room faced onto the street and it was a little noisy the night we were there. This is the only reason I am not giving it a 5 as the windows in that room at least, could do with some sort of secondary glazing or other appropriate sound proofing.

Since our son is living up there we will definitely be going back to Edinburgh and will choose to stay here again. We have also already recommended it to friends too.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that does not face onto the main street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello
Thank you for your review. I am glad that your enjoyed your stay with us so much that you have already been recommending us to friends! We do always try to upgrade our guests when possible as I feel this adds a little extra to the customer service we provide.
Being in a city centre does mean a little street noise can be experienced and we do encourage anyone who is not used to this or is a light sleeper to inform us in advance so that we can allocate them to a room nearer the back of the hotel away from the street. Please do let me know next time you stay and I will ensure you are allocated accordingly.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Brooks in the future.

Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a good location, the rooms were nice, and comfortable.
We were given some wrong information via email before we arrived when we asked if there was a bath in our room and the reply stated every room had a bath. It wasn't a major problem but was annoying when we arrived late - looking forward to a hot bath! The person on late that night was not very helpful regarding this.
The Reception staff on during the daytime, 8am - 8pm, were very helpful and printed our boarding passes.
All in all a good stay despite the start.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the confusion over a bath. We only have 2 king double rooms in the hotel which have a bath and are allocated on a first come first served basis, the rest of our rooms have ensuite shower rooms. I have addressed this with the team to ensure that there is further confusion in the future and that requests for a bath are added to the booking notes. We do aim to keep our rates very competitive and provide value for money, I am glad that you felt this to be the case and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do hope that we will see you again in the future.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Had a lovely weekend break in this hotel. Couldn’t fault it. Good location – walking distance to Haymarket and Princes Street and there were lots of nice bars and restaurants close by. The hotel staff were lovely and helpful – even when I checked in earlier than I should have they didn’t bat an eye and let me go up to the spotless room. It was lovely and warm and decorated in a nice quirky, modern style.

Downstairs, there is a lovely big guest lounge to relax in with patio doors leading out into the garden. They have a fully stocked honesty bar where you can mix your own drinks and have a sit down before you go out for dinner - which we thought was a nice touch.

The breakfast was fabulous. Everything you could want – and the chef’s specials looked impressive. We enjoyed lovely granola and yoghurt pots, homemade muffins & banana bread and a delicious cooked breakfast made with organic ingredients.

Really recommend this hotel if you’re through in Edinburgh. It isn’t totally City Centre but not too far from the lights and sights of Edinburgh if you like a walk.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bunglingidiot
Hello
Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Lovely place with super-friendly staff willing to go out of the way to help. On a Friday evening the guy at the front desk went the extra mile to phone around so my friend and I would be able to have a good dinner. The breakfasts were AMAZING - I had freshly made Eggs Benedict with fresh spinach both mornings. Definitely will stay there next time I'm in Edinburgh!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carla B, General Manager at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and found our staff to be so helpful.
I hope to see you again soon.

Hexham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just back from a weekend with 2 friends to celebrate my birthday. Room was lovely with very comfy beds and good quality sheets and duvets. Staff were all really warm and helpful - big shout out to Assistant Manager David - and the breakfasts! I ate a rather obscene amount both mornings because it was all delicious. There's a bus into town from virtually opposite if you don't want to walk, an honesty bar in a beautiful lounge and a really cute little sporran on the room key ring! We had a really good time and will be back. Book!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carla B, Owner at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments it makes our day when we have lovely happy guests Hope to see you again either in Brooks Edinburgh Bath or Bristol