“Wow - That's all I can say”

Brooks Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #86 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here with my friend for a couple of nights, bit of sight seeing, general tourist stuff but felt that I never really needed to leave the hotel, not really.

The welcome was perfect, big smile for the Receptionist David (later discovered he was the Assistant Hotel Manager, no surprise there from his level of service). Breakfast great, sure the Chef brought it to our table and rooms really good.

We were really made to feel apart of the little Brooks Family and will definitely be back, thank you all and to David and his team.

Room Tip: Back Facing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David R
Carla B, General Manager at Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that David in particular, along with the rest of the team made you feel so comfortable and welcome. We pride ourselves on our customer service skills and it is great to hear that this is being portrayed to our guests so strongly.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Emma Loane

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at Brooks for one night and from the minute I arrived until I left I felt very welcome. Lovely comfy bed -even better than my own at home! The breakfast cooked by Norbert the chef was what you would expect from a top notch restaurant! Will definately be returning!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Karensa273

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on us, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed your wonderful comments onto Norbert who was absolutely delighted with a personal mention on Trip Advisor, he does work very hard to ensure his breakfasts are top notch!
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Brooks Edinburgh, Bath or Bristol in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We wanted a hotel in the centre of Edinburgh which was in a quiet location and this ticked the boxes!! Only a 15 min stroll to Princes St or Grassmarket, a 15 min bus ride to Waverley Station or a 10 min stroll to Haymarket Station. Yet, the hotel is in a peaceful street and we had a lovely undisturbed sleep. The staff were welcoming, the rooms smart and comfortable and the breakfast was good. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom had recently been re-fitted and had a good shower. Overall, a very positive stay and will certainly book again in the future!

2  Thank Richy1476

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be so peaceful, this is one of the bonuses of not being right in the middle of the city centre amongst the major traffic and other street noise, I am happy to hear that you found this to be the case too.
I do hope that we will see you again very soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Wow what a gem of a hotel. We booked after reading reviews and were not disappointed. My wife's birthday treat and she loved it. Lovely room, fabulous breakfast, friendly staff, honesty bar in a relaxing lounge and ....... Don't think I'll continue as I won't get booked next time at this rate! See you next time we're in Edinburgh

2  Thank Michael B

Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that your wife had a wonderful birthday weekend away in our beautiful city.
The hotel as it is becoming more established is certainly getting busier, but never fear I am quite sure we will always find away to accommodate you! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

After scouring trip advisor for hours looking for a nice hotel near the city centre that was not too expensive, I came across Brooks. After reading the reviews I knew I'd found the one and even better was the 3nights for 2 offer, that was running at the time of booking.

From the moment I enquired about a room to checking out, the staff were great. David especially!

As mentioned in most of the others reviews, the rooms were spacious and decorated in a homely way. The lounge and honesty bar were a great feature and the breakfast was fab. The hotel is around 10mins walk away from the castle and Princes street.

I would definitely recommend Brooks Hotel and would definitely look to stay with Brooks again at any of the locations in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gembie1986

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on us, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and that our team (particularly David) were so welcoming and friendly. We place a heavy emphasis on providing genuinely friendly and helpful service to all of our customers, and I am delighted to hear that this is being portrayed through each and every one of them. I have passed your kind comments onto them all.
I do hope that we will see you again soon in Edinburgh, Bath or Bristol.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a right little gem. Central location, friendly, attentive staff. Clean nicely decorated rooms, excellent breakfast & an honesty bar.... What's not to love!
Will look forward to staying again. Well done guys ticked every box.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emmamck78

Thank you very much for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My husband and I have just returned home after a wonderful 3 night stay at the Brooks Hotel and we have been very impressed by the welcome we received. The room was lovely and the bed enormous, the shower was very powerful and the complimentary toiletries were great. The only thing that could be improved would be to possibly have nets at the window as I was conscious that people opposite could look straight in, but that's only a minor niggle.
The breakfasts as mentioned by others were wonderful, it was so nice to be able to have something different to the normal breakfast fare. I adored the eggs Benedict, they were cooked to perfection.
It's very easy to get into the centre because the bus stops just round the corner and for only £3.50
you can travel all day.
I booked directly with the hotel and had a 3nights for 2 offer which was much cheaper than using
a booking agent so I'd like to thank the staff and wish them every success for the future, we hope to return.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel and you can give them your preference
1  Thank LucindaStaffs

Thank you very much for your review on us, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.