Wow. A few days ago, we held our wedding at the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - The Roxburghe and we couldn't have asked for a better day. From our initial viewing of the hotel all the way through to our departure as a married couple, the level of service and attention to detail was incredible. Living in London, the complete wedding package was great for us, excellent value for money and a weight off our shoulders knowing it was being arranged for us.
Sometimes at weddings, the food can be a little below par when so many are being catered for. Our food was amazing and guests even came up to us to say how nice it was. We had one guest who made a last minute request for different food and this was sorted in an instant. The two kids at the wedding were given Roxburghe teddy bears, which went down very well! We also had to make a change to our table plan with less than an hour to go before the ceremony as a guest couldn't make it. This was arranged immediately.
We knew the service would be good at the hotel but, from the minute we arrived in Edinburgh on the Thursday to leaving on Tuesday, we were treated like royalty. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone took the time to say hello and congratulate us. If we had any kind of request, it was arranged no questions asked (such as moving a different booking to let us use the club lounge for photos or Gavin the concierge offering to collect our cake for us the day before when we joked about how we were going to carry it). We stayed on an extra night in our suite (Albert suite) and would definitely recommend doing that. We can't possibly fit all of our stories about how great the staff were into one review!
If you are planning a wedding in Edinburgh, go and see this hotel for yourself. Kayda, Awinash, Wilfried, Gavin and everyone else at the hotel - a huge thank you from Helen and David. The only negative is that no hotel we go to in the future will ever get close to our experience here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roxburghe Hotel is currently undergoing a top-to-toe refurbishment. More than 100 of our bedrooms and suites have already been given a smart, new look - and it's these rooms that guests will stay in when they book accommodation. For the next couple of months, we'll be tackling many of the ground-floor spaces, including the hotel restaurant and bar. Whilst these are closed, we will serve a complimentary breakfast as room service or take-away from the lobby until the end of March 2017; dinner will be served in the lounge area and also available as room service. Travel in style and stay in The Roxburghe Hotel in the heart of Edinburgh city center. The hotel rewards its guests with an unrivaled location on historic Charlotte Square. This premier 4 star hotel has recently refurbished its meeting space, public areas and all 198 bedrooms, many with views of Edinburgh Castle. Ideally located between George Street, the stylish home of the cities top bars, restaurants and boutique shops and Rose Street with more traditional pubs and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your The Roxburghe Hotel, Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- The Roxburghe Hotel, Edinburgh Scotland