Stayed with my husband at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh The Roxburghe for three nights and really enjoyed the hotel. The room was spacious and beautiful. The staff, particularly concierge and the check in desk, were fantastic. We travel quite a lot, and rarely encounter service close to that provided at this hotel. We arrived very early, hours before check in, I went to the desk asking if it was possible for us to check in early and if not, could we park our car ( which we had prearranged as hotel parking in limited). Our room was not ready at that stage, but I was advised that we could certainly park our car, and that our luggage would be stored until we did checked in. I was then just amazed at the wonderful service... The lady assisting me at the check in desk then summoned a gentleman from concierge who accompanied me to the front of the hotel where my husband waited in our parked car. Concierge removed the luggage and stowed it very promptly and then return and accompanied my husband to the car park. This was greatly appreciated as we are not familiar with Edinburgh and would never have found the car park. We found a lovely Pub for lunch and returned to the hotel to complete the check in. Every ,time that we left the hotel, the concierge manager would check to see if needed anything..excellent service. The breakfast was wonderful, extensive continental buffet and excellent choice if individually cooked options. Room service also was great, plenty of choice, prompt and high quality. The location of the hotel is also perfect, very close to lovely restaurants, pubs and shops. I suggest bookings suite and pre book parking if needed Also book your room with breakfast and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roxburghe Hotel is currently undergoing a top-to-toe refurbishment. More than 100 of our bedrooms and suites have already been given a smart, new look - and it's these rooms that guests will stay in when they book accommodation. For the next couple of months, we'll be tackling many of the ground-floor spaces, including the hotel restaurant and bar. Whilst these are closed, we will serve a complimentary breakfast as room service or take-away from the lobby until the end of March 2017; dinner will be served in the lounge area and also available as room service. Travel in style and stay in The Roxburghe Hotel in the heart of Edinburgh city center. The hotel rewards its guests with an unrivaled location on historic Charlotte Square. This premier 4 star hotel has recently refurbished its meeting space, public areas and all 198 bedrooms, many with views of Edinburgh Castle. Ideally located between George Street, the stylish home of the cities top bars, restaurants and boutique shops and Rose Street with more traditional pubs and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Roxburghe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- The Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland