The Inn on the Mile
US$329
US$214
US$107
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$92
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$126
US$118
Agoda.com
1,305 results
All reviewsno liftchocolate covered strawberriesroyal milecomplimentary drink on arrivaltop floorghd straightenersrainfall showerfirst floorboutique hotelflights of stairsperfect locationhuge bedbottle of proseccomini barnorth bridgesmall hotelstreet noise
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night over Easter, the hotel was lovely as was the bar below it,
We had dinner and breakfast there and the food was delicious, I would recomend the steak pie. The rooms are not massive but have great features like a sound system hooked into the ceiling meaning if you plug in your phone you can hear your music all around the room including in the bathroom. The beds are very comfy and we both got a great sleep. I would go back here in a heatbeat as the staff were amazing and very helpful and the location was perfect too.

1  Thank kayleigh m
Central E, General Manager at The Inn on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi Kayliegh

Many thanks for taking some time out to review your recent visit, it sounds like the Inn on the Mile really ticked all the boxes for you. I will take the time to pass on your comments regarding the teams service and the quality of the food at our next team meeting. You also pointed out so many of the rooms features and little extras. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Campbell & the IOTM team.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Really good location - slap bang in the middle of the Royal Mile and only 5 or so minutes from the rail station. Double room was smallish but was excellently laid out and very clean, rainfall shower helped you to revive after a day out sight seeing. Did not actually eat here but the food looked good as we passed the tables. Staff very friendly and helpful - arrived early and they looked after our bags until check-in and also offered to do the same on departure day.

It was great weather while we were there so walked about quite a bit.

BEST ATTRACTION - The Museum of Scotland (approx 5 mins from IOTM) was excellent spent a half a day walking around, it is vast and free!! Also the Edinburgh Museum was quite good, come out of IOTM, turn right and it is at the bottom of the Royal Mile.

NO BAD ATTRACTIONS BUT....... did the Dungeons (got a 2 for 1 code ----- Google it) and it was very disappointing, not much real history just a load of actor wannabe's prancing around in costume, wish we had gone on one of the City Walks instead.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SpennySAFC
Central E, General Manager at The Inn on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Hi SpennySAFC

"Wow" thanks for such a detailed and wonderful review, we are glad you liked the bedroom and you found the team here helpful. The hotel location is of great benefit for those who want to be in the centre of it all. It looks like you took advantage of the great weather and ventured out a bit, you named just a few attractions in the vicinity of the hotel.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel was clean, fresh, and in a wonderful location. It was once a bank which can be seen through the high ceilings and intricate architecture. It's easy to see all the attention to detail, and it was much appreciated. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Melissa R

Hi Melissa

We would like to thank you girls taking a few minutes to review your recent visit to our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and noticed the detail in the building. The location is brilliant to all who want take in all of Edinburgh's history and tourist attractions.

Thanks again

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was expecting great things from the Inn on the Mile. The central location, historic building and recently renovated rooms in this picturesque and central location in Edinburgh’s Old Town captured my imagination after years of using bland hotels for business trips.

I am not one to complain, but find as I get older (I am 32!), my patience with substandard dining or facilities get shorter.

I had to carry my suitcase up 3 very large flights of stairs to start with, which after a long day travelling was not what I expected. Unfortunately it is not possible to install a lift, so this will immediately exclude quite a large market.

The bedroom was reasonably clean, although the bathroom did not have its full complement of shampoos so had to ask for these.

I dined in the Bar/restaurant, and can only say I am glad I was not paying any more than I did. My benchmark of a good restaurant is whether they can cook a good deal (which on paper is pretty straightforward). I asked for a medium to rare steak, and they proved a medium to well done. I hate to waste food, but this steak totally lacked in any flavour (no wonder they offer various sauces -- which I decided to have) to make this fact!

The staff were very friendly and helpful, but rather than apologising for my poor steal (which as I was so hungry, I had eaten most of) they took the plate never to be seen again.

No sooner had i got through my first course, but a lone singer struck up an acoustic set, which whilst good was terribly loud and inappropriate for the size of venue.

To be fair, the room on the 3rd floor was well insulated from the noise, and I slept very comfortably.

Unfortunately, breakfast is only available from 8, where most hotels start between 7 and 7.30, which makes all the difference!

The bacon Sandwich which I was looking forward to was a disappointment. The bacon was tasty, but the bread roll was verging on stale and certainly not of the quality I would expect (think cheap Tesco’s white rolls).

Overall it was a good location and the room was priced well.

Do not make the mistake of eating there and venture a little further for good food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Central E, General Manager at The Inn on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

NBlack82

Thanks for your detailed review on our Inn on the Mile hotel, we are glad you found location and room value for money. We will review your findings at our next team meeting to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our guests "every time". All comments will be reviewed and retrained where appropriate. Thanks again for your much valued comments.

Campbell & the IOTM team.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fantastic location on the Royal Mile. This is our second time staying in this beautiful building. Rooms can not be faulted,Food is lovely, eating area is also a bar, so would recommend reserving a table in the busy season. The staff are just wonderful, however, not all of them seemed to know things about the accommodation side of things when we enquired about some services. They only have 9 rooms so you don't need to worry about a lot of people being around your room. There is no lift, so you do need to climb the stairs, but with the food serving sizes, this is a good thing to help work it off!

If you're looking for a review to decide whether to stay or not, this is it. DO IT. It's the little things that the staff do, and what the rooms have to offer that make this place shine.

Room Tip: Room 5 is our favourite. With the view over the Royal Mile and the beautiful bathroom and bath, you might not leave. It is also on the 2nd floor so it is a wee bit quieter.
3  Thank Eris M

Hi Eris M

Thank you for taking five minutes out to review your recent stay at the Inn on the Mile. We are so glad your review mentions great service, good food and our faultless rooms. We have recently retrained and reviewed with our team the services we offer for the hotel, we realise the benefits to both parties this brings. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you in Scotland again.