My wife and I are pensioners and we recently spent three nights at this hotel and we loved it. We booked on a BB&EM basis. The breakfast buffet choice was very extensive and the food quality was excellent, while the three course evening meal, although having a somewhat limited choice from the menu because of the fact it was pre-booked at a discounted price, was also really good in terms of value and quality. The only fault I could find was that drink prices at the hotel bar were expensive and the bar itself was very uninviting and impersonal.The service provided by all members of hotel staff we met was both friendly and efficient, with the girls on the desk being worthy of a special mention for a rapid resolution of a billing problem. We had a room on the 6th floor with a splendid view of the city. The 2 hotel lifts were excellent. The room was clean and of a decent size, but the bathroom was quite small and the room had an adjoining door that made it somewhat noisier. As others have said, the hotel is located around 10 mins from the city centre by bus, with bus stops located on the road immediately outside the hotel. Bus fares have recently increased to £1.50 each way and the buses run every 15 minutes until late. Another bonus is that the hotel is located opposite an out-of-town shopping centre with a host of shops including an M&S and a large Sainsbury's. Well done Hotel City West, we will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland