The room was lovely - we were upgraded to a better room on arrival which was nice. However, a member of staff let slip that the probable reason for the upgrade was because of a big wedding reception and the cheaper rooms are above the ballroom! The room, although lovely on first sight, was a bit tired. The settee had all but collapsed, but the bed was very comfortable. We had a nice view from the windows. On Saturday evening, the party was going strong and although we couldn't hear it from our room, we could certainly hear the car park noise which kept us awake until quite late. In addition, two big coaches took up a good deal of the car park which isn't very big. We slipped out for a bite (the hotel restaurant is very pricey) and when we got back couldn't get parked again, presumably because of the the reception guests. Inevitably, party-goers spilled into the bar and we found it loud and a bit tense - drunk people can be jolly, but.....
The location is handy for going Northwards, and is directly opposite a good shopping centre with lots of parking.
Overall quite nice, but not as nice as the HI-Express the other side of Edinburgh, at which we also stayed later the same week. We got a good deal on price, and that made it OK for us - hence the 'Average' rating, but had we paid full price we would not have been so charitable.
In summary, don't expect Holiday Inn standard from this hotel, especially on a Saturday night when they have a wedding reception in place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland