Arrived late on the evening of 9th June to the usual warm welcome. Executive Room assigned was comfortable and clean, so no surprises there. Over the course of the week, all Staff including the General Manager welcomed me back and expressed interest in my welfare, which definitely generates a "feel good" factor.
I always find the quality and variety of food on offer very acceptable, particularly the "eggs on request" approach at Breakfast, whereby they are freshly cooked to taste, plus the practice of laying out small but continually replenished quantities of Buffet items to keep everything fresh. I therefore find it difficult to understand some of the less positive reports I have read and can only assume that variations in taste and opinions is what makes humanity so intriguing.
Staff in Reception, the Bar, the Restaurant and Housekeeping are always most pleasant and obliging and leave me feeling quite privileged. (like home from home, without the nagging - can't believe I said that!).
Location is central for Business, with easy access to the Motorways going West or North, so ideal for me as I travel Scotland extensively.
Bottom line is I always feel most comfortable and welcome at this well managed and friendly Hotel and it will continue to be my No. 1 choice in the area. My thanks to all concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Odigeo, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland