Ok, so a lot of hotels in Edinburgh bump their prices up for Hogmanay but Holiday Inn West was ridiculous and the rooms were very small!
We paid £175 for staying on the 31/12/2013, this included breakfast though.
I didn't think the night staff were particularly helpful. We asked about buses into the city center and were told they have stopped. When we asked about return buses we were told they go nowhere near the hotel but go to Queensferry Street. No explanation as to where Queensferry Street was, all we were told was that it would be a 25 minute walk back to the hotel from the city center; I doubt it very much though as it was a fair journey in a cab. It is the details that make the stay better. Better stay = Better review.
The bar was shockingly expensive - £15.25 for 2 plates of chips and 2 drinks, the Gin and Tonic was over £6.00 and that was for Gordon's Gin!
Breakfast was great. Good quality of food and it was a buffet, exactly what is required when you have had a night out and a few drinks. I was pretty disgusted when 2 girls came in stinking of drink, with last nights make up smudged all over their faces wearing a "onesie" and clothes that was probably worn the day before - they should have been refused entry and asked to freshen up before coming back in. Breakfast staff were moody as well.
Plus side is we got to check in early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland