“Great experiance - Would recommend”

Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West
Ranked #93 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Me and my girlfriend spent 2 nights here, having tried one Holiday Inn in the area we decided to try a different one and again we weren't disappointed. The staff were all brilliant however special mention goes to "Claire" I believe it was on the front desk who's pleasant chit chat and professionalism just put us in a good mood to start the day with. We were IHG members and got upgraded automatically to a castle view room, needless to say the view was stunning and the room was functional with little complaints, in my opinion it could of been cleaner in places, a little more dusting around the kettle area and there was a hair in the bath however due to the mood set from the start of the trip these little things didn't phase me at all but have to justify why I'm not giving it 5 stars. Breakfast was great, some ice with the juices would have been nice but otherwise no complaints at all. Drinks although a little pricey even for a hotel bar were served well and it was a calm and pleasant environment to drink in, we also had a snack the evening we arrived which again I thought was a little on the pricey side however was great quality food and couldn't complain. Overall we were both thoroughly satisfied and would like to thank the team for making our stay as good as it could have been.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear 24simpson90,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found the staff brilliant and I will pass your comments on to Claire and the other team members. I am delighted to hear that you liked the view however I am disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with the cleaning. Thanks again for your kind words and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is second time my wife and daughter and I have stayed here. Excellent upgrade to mini suites and the evening meal was surprisingly good as during our previous stay the restaurant food was very poor. Very good recognition for IHG Rewards Club members.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear AlianoIreland,

I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is fantastic to read that you visited us again and that you had a very good experience at this time. Thanks again for your kind words and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my family spent 2 nights at this hotel. Good customer services and the room was clean and with great view. Good breakfast but occasionally staff took a bit to replace what ended, like butters or croissants. Overall I consider the stay to be very good and pleasant. Will stay again soon. Thanks

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fernando B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our customer services good and that you liked the view, but I am sorry that you were a little bit disappointed with the breakfast. I am happy that overall you enjoyed your stay and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

A really nice hotel with very friendly staff, especially in the restaurant the service staff was lovely. The room with 2 double beds was perfect for us, a family with two teens. Our room was at the fourth floor, and we had a really nice view of the castle and the sea. Breakfast was very good, and the food we had in the restaurant in the evening was excellent. Taking the bus into town was really easy, and only 7,50 for a family day ticket. We really enjoyed the experience!

1  Thank Sandy H
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Sandy H,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful five star review from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and that you liked the food in our restaurant. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the experience and I hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed three nights at this hotel recently. Have to say that I was very impressed with all staff members, particularly Lee on reception when we first arrived. I asked for a room with a view and we were allocated a room on the top floor with a view over the city, which was even more impressive at night when the castle was lit up. Lee also helped with bus timetables and places of interest. The standard of cleaning in the room was also excellent, and I would like to say a special thank you to Mary for looking after us so well. The room was always immaculate and she and all of the housemaids did a fabulous job. The restaurant staff were equally efficient, and the food was lovely, especially the breakfasts.

Room Tip: For the view, head for the top floor overlooking the city.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lacbac,

Many thanks for this fantastic five star review. I am very pleased that you were impressed with the staff members and that you were satisfied with the view and the cleaning. I will pass your comments on to Mary, Lee and the other team members and thank you once again for your very kind words. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night last week with our son. I booked a good deal online (£80 for a room with 2 double beds, breakfast and 3 course dinner each). The staff were helpful on arrival, the hotel and our rooms were very clean and comfortable. The decor isn't anything special, it isn't luxurious in any way but if you are looking for a good value overnight stay, this is a good choice. The food was decent and there is also a small play park outside which you can see from the restaurant and bar. There is free parking and there is a bus stop outside with frequent service going into the city centre. The only down side is rooms aren't well sound proofed and we could hear people talking next door.

Stayed: April 2014
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Krjackson666,

Thank you for this review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you were satisfied with the staff and with your rooms and that you found the food decent. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by some noise during your stay. Thank you for your comments and we hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We booked this hotel because of the rooms,Two double beds , plenty room for our grandson,
location is a about 10mins from city centre, but is right on a main bus route with cheap tickets,
Parking was good at the hotel. All staff very good, we booked bed and breakfast , and the breakfast was very good, lots of choice and good quality , There is a small play area outside for children. The location for the zoo was very good only a 10 min drive .
Only downside , it took ages for the hot water to come through the taps and no free wifi

Dear jacky&linda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff very good and that you liked our breakfast buffet as well. However I am disappointed to learn that it took ages for the hot water to come through the taps, I will report it to the maintenance department. I hope you had a great time in Edinburgh and you will be back again soon.