Me and my girlfriend spent 2 nights here, having tried one Holiday Inn in the area we decided to try a different one and again we weren't disappointed. The staff were all brilliant however special mention goes to "Claire" I believe it was on the front desk who's pleasant chit chat and professionalism just put us in a good mood to start the day with. We were IHG members and got upgraded automatically to a castle view room, needless to say the view was stunning and the room was functional with little complaints, in my opinion it could of been cleaner in places, a little more dusting around the kettle area and there was a hair in the bath however due to the mood set from the start of the trip these little things didn't phase me at all but have to justify why I'm not giving it 5 stars. Breakfast was great, some ice with the juices would have been nice but otherwise no complaints at all. Drinks although a little pricey even for a hotel bar were served well and it was a calm and pleasant environment to drink in, we also had a snack the evening we arrived which again I thought was a little on the pricey side however was great quality food and couldn't complain. Overall we were both thoroughly satisfied and would like to thank the team for making our stay as good as it could have been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland