We had stayed here before approx 6 years ago on an organised tour, and chose to stay again due to it's location.
The hotel is only about 7 or 8 stops on the bus from the Royal Mile, and has rooms that you can see Edinburgh Castle from - a wonderful sight at night.
The thing that left the lasting impression this time around was the staff - they couldn't have been more obliging and without fail, all were cheery.
First impressions count, and special mention must be made about Bridget, who was on reception when we arrived - so nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland