Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$250
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$271
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$281
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$198
Agoda.com
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$222
US$202
  • Pool
US$145
All reviewsmini suitequeensferry roadretail parktwo double bedsupgraded to a suitefifth floorgood sizefree wifiminute bus ridebus servicean upgradereception stafftwo night staystayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentfamily roomhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for the weekend 9-11 May 2014. No complaints, room was fine, breakfast was good and most importantly the staff were friendly and helpful. Doesn't have gym or swimming pool etc but that is not what we were there for, as a base to explore the city it was just fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Nomadicperson,

Thank you for this fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the breakfast and with your room and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I hope you had a pleasant time in Edinburgh and you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Spent one night here on a business trip. The room was okay with great views of Edinburgh I could see the Scottish monument from my window. The room was was clean, TV adequate had a tea tray but no mini bar. Breakfast was really good . I would not choose to stay here as it is a little far from the city centre I paid £10 for cab from the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Misspickandmix,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found your room okay and that you liked the view. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you had a great time in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

At the end of another busy business week, however the comfort, level of personal service and food quality that I have got used to in this hotel over many years has been as good as ever. This goes a long way to mitigating the aggravations and stresses of everyday business life, i.e. it's nice to come "home" to. Difficult and perhaps unfair to highlight individuals, as all played their part in making me feel welcome. Some unfamiliar faces on this trip, but again they seemed to be well schooled in the art of good hotel hospitality, so full marks all round.

Room Tip: If you're a tourist and want a room with a view, ask for upper floors Castle side, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear TERRY D,

Thank you for this wonderful five star review of your recent stay with us. It is fantastic to read that you visited us again and I am truly delighted with these comments. We very much look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had stayed here before approx 6 years ago on an organised tour, and chose to stay again due to it's location.

The hotel is only about 7 or 8 stops on the bus from the Royal Mile, and has rooms that you can see Edinburgh Castle from - a wonderful sight at night.

The thing that left the lasting impression this time around was the staff - they couldn't have been more obliging and without fail, all were cheery.

First impressions count, and special mention must be made about Bridget, who was on reception when we arrived - so nice and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear ontourusa,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and giving us a feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you liked the view and that you found the staff cheery, I will pass your comments on to Bridget and the other team members. Thanks again for your kind words and I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This is now my 5th stay here and some of the standards seem to be going downhill although the price was very good.

Cleanliness of the room is not as good as previously with grout needing redone dust on windows and hair on pillow.

Service gets a 5 mark with special mentions to Claire and Emma. Both very professional unlike a gentleman, Sunil who was duty manager. When I informed him about the problems in the room he dismissed the idea that anything was wrong and I felt he was very rude. When I spoke to Claire about this she apologised and offered me and my wife a drink. Emma served us in the bar.

Please up your game before I come back and get rid of your rude staff

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank travelfanEdinburgh
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear travelfanEdinburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found Emma and Claire very professional but I am disappointed to read that you had some issues on this stay and were not fully satisfied with our services. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, your comments will be used in a constructive manner and I hope that this has not deterred you from visiting our hotel again in the future.