Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West
US$375
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmini suitequeensferry roadretail parktwo double bedsupgraded to a suitefifth floorgood sizefree wifiminute bus ridebus servicean upgradereception stafftwo night staystayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentfamily roomhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was lucky to be given an upgrade to a larger room and wow was I happy. Small door big smile. It's not far from city centre and has a retail park with a sainsburys just over the road. A great place to stay for a night out in Edinburgh.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank djrs1984
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear djrs1984,

Many thanks for this review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you were happy with your room and that you found our hotel a great place to stay for a night out in Edinburgh. I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel rooms are ok the bathroom is too small the entrance is consistantly dirty .The best thing was the view . Even though we did not expect more from this type of hotel certainly not to have to pay a rate of a five stars hotel . Breakfast was mediocre the managment decided to raise the rates during a busy weekend but failed to add more staff at the front desk . I left a credit card in the room , when I called after the check out to inquire I was on hold for over 30min.I must have called 5 times and the calls were handled in the same fashion .finally was able to get thru was promised a return phone call from managment and no one called . I recall meeting with the head of the marketing from that group of hotels on the day of the check in, the man was Jittery rambled on and on without making much sense so it is not surprising the hotel is in this condition . We paid 245 USD per room
for a room that should not cost more than 100.00 USD.

Room Tip: The location was descent close to some shops .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jetkid
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear JetKid,

Thank you for the recent review posted on TripAdvisor and I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel views as these are considered some of best in Edinburgh. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy certain elements of your stay and I will pick these up with the individual people and departments to ensure that we improve these areas going forward. With regards to our pricing over the Marathon weekend, these were competitive in the market place for similar standard hotels during high season in Edinburgh. Please contact me via email on chris.lynch@ihg.com as we have your credit card safely stored in the hotel. The number we have been trying to contact you with is not connecting us and we have no other way to contact make contact with you. I look forward to your email and thank you once again for choosing the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Had stayed previously on a Trafalgar Tour a few years back so with this in mind we booked a triple room for a couple of nights in April, needed car park this time and welcomed a package that included breakfast and WIFI. Got a room with castle view altho misty rain and low cloud nearly took that view away completely.

Room was good and breakfast great but the thing that stood out was the staff, from the lovely welcome and helpful front counter staff, to those in the breakfast room, the staff really do go the extra mile. Friendly, smiling, obliging and professional.

Blue Bus leaves from just down the road - a short safe walk and staff help you out with timetables - takes you right into town with ease.

Thank you and should we be fortunate enough to come back to Edinburgh one day we will see you again no doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and castle view for the romance of it all
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear inmyhumbleopinion55,

Thank you for this fantastic five star review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you liked the castle view and that you were satisfied with your package. I am truly delighted with your comments on the staff and I will pass them on to my team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed on the top floor in a castle view room, room was nice bathroom was okay although could probably do with a touch-up. The "turn-down" service didn't changed our cups everyday which I found strange. My one pet-peeve from the stay was that you had to something like £35 a day to access the WIFI - bearing in mind the buses in Edinburgh have FREE WIFI and that a monthly internet bill is usually a fixed price I thought this was a major rip-off!!!

So to summarise the hotel is average, staff are lovely and there is no WIFI access unless you are willing to pay £35per day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Lauren D,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and giving us a feedback. I am pleased to read that you found your room nice however I am sorry that you were disappointed with the wi-fi. I hope you had a pleasant time in Edinburgh and you will be back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Lovely hotel, very comfortable and clean, however the breakfast was very over priced for what it was!

Having arrived late we booked breakfast for our first day, but we soon discovered a retail park just across the road and therefore went to Sainsburys for breakfast instead which was a much more reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Red229,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel lovely however I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with our breakfast. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you had a great time in Edinburgh.

Best Regards