Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West
US$125
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$213
US$206
Travelocity
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$131
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmini suitequeensferry roadretail parktwo double bedsupgraded to a suitefifth floorgood sizefree wifiminute bus ridebus servicean upgradereception stafftwo night staystayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentfamily roomhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My frost visit to this hotel. Convenient for the city. I was on the 5th floor and had an amazing view of the city and castle. Breakfast was very good.
The bed was 3 out 5 for comfort. Only negative would be the pillows could do with replacing as they were flat.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Shaunkirsty,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a feedback. I am delighted to read that you liked the view of the city and the castle and that you found the breakfast very good, however I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with the pillows. I would like to let you know that we have a wide choice of pillows (harder, softer, etc.). You only need to call the reception for another type. I hope you had a great time in Edinburgh and you will be back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I actually live not far away from it and last Sunday morning (08-June, gorgeous sunny day) went for a stroll and decided to pop-in and check out the breakfast. It's a nice place surrounded with lots of trees and it does not feel like you are in the city. Lovely, polite, helpful and well-trained staff. - I had a lot of attention that can be compared to a 4-5 star hotel. Good choice at buffet. Excellent coffee. - Top marks for this 3-star place. I have not seen rooms, so can't really comment on the rest, but would certainly recommend this place for location, service, atmosphere and value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Steve B,

I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to leave us a feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff lovely, polite, helpful and well-trained. I appreciate your comments and I hope to be able to welcome you to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in October of 2013. Initially I was worried about it being a bit 'out of the way' of the city, and while it is too far to walk, there is a bus stop literally right out of the front of the hotel that will take you into the heart of Edinburgh and the Royal Mile. And a cab is only 10 quid if one wants a night out on the town and needs a way home once the buses have stopped service. The distance is only a very minor inconvenience.

Rooms were very spacious, beds were incredibly comfortable and the view of Edinburgh was great to wake up to. The room exceeded expectations and was one of the better ones I stayed in as I toured the UK and Ireland. The bar and restaurant area were great, plenty of very comfortable seating to sit around and have a chat with my fellow travelers was very much appreciated, and the meals I had (two breakfasts and one dinner) were quite nice.

My only gripe with my stay is that wifi prices are exorbitant. This is an issue with the Holiday Inn chain not isolated to the Edinburgh City West hotel as other locations charge the same fee, but it is necessary to mention. Literally every other non Holiday Inn hotel I stayed at bar one in the UK had free wifi so why Holiday Inn feel it necessary to charge an arm & a leg to access the internet does baffle me. This however does effect my value rating for the hotel.

All in all it was a comfortable stay with no issues with the hotel itself. Don't let the fact the hotel isn't in the heart of the city deter you from staying here as it only adds a few minutes on to your travels to get where you want to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BradFraser

Dear BradFraser,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that your room exceeded your expectations and that you found the bar and restaurant area great. However I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with the wifi prices. I hope you had a pleasant stay in Edinburgh and I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Weekend away with my wife and our 2 young sons, so had one night in a room with 2 double beds. Clean room with everything we needed and a great view of the city and the Firth of Forth. Reception staff were very helpful and polite and excellent service at the bar as well. Buffet breakfast was fine and great value when the kids eat for free. Location is fine - free car park and easy to find and quick bus or taxi options into the city centre to avoid trying to park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear MarkP39,

Many thanks for this fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you liked the view and that you found the reception staff very helpful and polite. I hope you had a great time in Edinburgh and I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

There was nothing to screen and shout about but the hotels was clean, cheep and the staff were very nice.we would stay again. Food was good and the bar was a nice place to relax. It was freezing outside but nice and toasty in our room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimslater

Dear jimslater,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and giving us a feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel clean and cheap and that you think the bar was a nice place to relax. I hope you had a pleasant stay in Edinburgh and we look forward to your next visit.