Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$256
US$271
US$226
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$202
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmini suitequeensferry roadretail parktwo double bedsupgraded to a suitefifth floorgood sizefree wifiminute bus ridebus servicean upgradereception stafftwo night staystayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentfamily roomhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in a 2 double bedded room during our stay in Edinburgh.
We were allocated a room on the third floor opposite the lifts and this was very noisy on the first night we were there. More soundproofing of the doors might have been helpful.
Breakfast was astronomically expensive for a fairly average hotel buffet and was not included in our advanced saver rate ( which, incidentally, was not that much cheaper than the normal room rate). We had dinner in the hotel on the first night - this was OK but nothing better than a decent pub food menu. Again this was expensive - especially the wine . We ate out on other nights. there are loads of places to eat in Edinburgh which are nicer and cheaper.
Our room was OK but to be honest we didn't do much more than sleep and shower in it.
Wifi is ridiculously expensive here. I read in a reply to another comment on this that it is now free to IHG members. I am a member but was not told it was free and nor was I offered it.
We had a really tough time with one of the reception staff. She knows who she is and I will not embarrass her by publicly naming but we left a day early because we couldn't deal with her. Her last insult was to not provide an itemised bill when we left and I have still not been sent via email the promised bill.
I would not stay here again I am afraid because there are other, nicer, cheaper places to stay which are nearer the city centre - even during the Festival.
I would however return to Edinburgh. It is a charming city with lovely people.

Room Tip: Steer clear of rooms opposite the lifts!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear mrsajd_10,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you felt our restaurant was expensive and I apologise for not offering the free standard internet for you. I will implement further staff training to promote our free internet offering to ensure that this matter does not occur again. With regards to our restaurant pricing, we regularly conduct reviews of our pricing and believe we are competitive in the market place; however we will take your comments on board to review in future. Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue that you had with a member of the front office team. I believe my front office manager has spoken to you directly and we appreciate the detailed feedback and will be using this to provide further training to the person concerned. Thank you once again for all of your feedback and rest assured this will be used in a constructive manner.

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Fantastic service and food- dinner and breakfast. 10/10. Rooms quiet, spacious and clean. Tv, water and twa, coffee, cocoa in room free. amazing bug window with view across Edinburgh. Good location, free parking and such good value for a family room! Thoroughly recommend. I have just joined Hi club!

• Stayed: August 2014
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Frizzmondo,

Many thanks for this wonderful five star review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback on the service and the facilities; I will pass your comments on to the team. Thank you once again and I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a very nice stay at this Holiday Inn while in Edinburgh for the military tattoo. We had a nice mini-suite on the 6th floor with great views over the hills. The hotel has free parking so was ideal to park up and get the bus into the city centre without any hassle. 40 & 41 takes you to Princess street and beyond just next to the hotel.

Breakfast is typical Holiday Inn and sets you up for the day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Salmo01,

Many thanks for this review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you had a very nice stay with us and that you liked the views over the hills. I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good hotel and perfectly positioned to the city centre. 7 - 10 minute bus ride. To and from bus stops right in front of the hotel. There is huge sainsbury about 5 min walking distance from the hotel and a big mall too. Spacious room for a express hotel and clean too. There is a restaurant and bar and also the petrol station which is a minute walk has freshly made sandwiches and a COSTA kiosk which is very convenient. Approx 30 min drive to the airport / 30 Euros.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jnayson9,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found your room spacious and clean. I hope you had a great time in Edinburgh and you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with friendly staff. Really comfortable stay.

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and would recommend it. I have never had any problems. There is a nice restaurant / bar area which is very convenient.

The hotel is perfectly positioned and close to the city centre

Stayed: July 2014
Chris L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Lloydrayner,

Thank you for this fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you visited us again and that you are so satisfied with our staff and the facilities. I appreciate your feedback on the restaurant and the bar as well. I hope to be able to welcome you to Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West in the near future.