“Everyone should try mimis”
Review of Mimi's Bakehouse

Mimi's Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 36 Bakeries in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I'm not sure how anyone could have had a 'terrible' time in Mimis.
If you love cake and attention to detail, then you will love the place.
Family run business, they remember who you are on your return visit and I personally can't fault the place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in here in the passing, initially only Intended to have a coffee, but the table next to me had a breakfast roll...I was sold!
Sausages cooked to perfection, simply wonderful.
This could be my new favorite cafe!!
Coffee was great, suited to those who like a fairly strong flavor. Next time I'll be indulging in the cakes!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Mimis has never failed to disappoint...the perfect place to meet other mums and babies mid-week for some fantastic cakes. The staff never make you feel like a hinderence, unlike some other places that claim to be baby friendly but in reality aren't. Here there is plenty of space for prams, great changing facilities and friendly staff who never rush you and are happy to heat up food and bottles if needed.
At the weekend it is definitely more hectic and busy so I would always go mid-week. And the scones with clotted cream are to die for. Their strength is definitely in the cakes - while things like the crispy chicken and the french toast and bacon are tasty, they are nothing special, so I would always save the space in my stomach for the cakes!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've been to Mimi's a good few times since it opened and have been increasingly disappointed to the point where I'm not intending to ever go back. Service was incredibly slow, and apart from one helpful waitress (who dealt with my dish being completely absent of all the ingredients on the menu!) all the staff seemed either harassed or uninterested. When we mentioned it to the manager she was defensive and unapologetic.

They've crammed so many tables in that it's very noisy and uncomfortable - we were almost sharing a table with the couple next to us - and they can't keep up with the volume. Seems to me they've got lazy and forgotten they're in the business of customer service. Shame.

3  Thank Facepalm13
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Been here twice now for afternoon tea sandwiches, cakes and scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam with tea or coffee yum, you don't have to have afternoon tea other things are on the menu but the cakes and other baked goods will give your sweet tooth a workout yum, will no doubt be going back the place is always busy so book a table. You do come away full.