“Overall Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mimi's Bakehouse

Mimi's Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 35 Bakeries in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Overall Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to go and have breakfast. Food menu the right level of choice and covers all the bases. I had the salmon and scramble eggs that went down a treat- also had a half portion of the French toast and bacon (left overs from my gf) which was even better- I recommend that you get that! Cakes were also very good if you are not diabetic.

Only negative is that there were to many babies which makes the place noisey.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Graeme Q

• Greek first
Haute savoie
“Friendly welcome and beautiful cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

As it says about their counter : it is all about cake! And it is true. We came from newcastle for the day to visit edinburgh and got told to stop a mimi's for an afternoon tea by a friend from France.
Cakes are gorgeous, the welcome so friendly and we took the cake we could'n't eat home in a little take away box.
Next time we are up in Scotland we will be back there!

Visited July 2014
“Superb! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Found Mimi's by accident while trying to find somewhere for breakfast and so glad we did! The food is fantastic and in such great surroundings and lovely staff. Will definitely be calling in again next time we're in Edinburgh. Top tip is to book ahead as it was packed out on Sunday morning.

“Amazingly yummy as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

When I know we Are going to Edinburgh I always have to plan a trip to Mimi's Bakehouse. We normally just have cakes, but this time myself and partner came for lunch. My partner had the hot dog, which looked amazing! I was jealous and wish I had it too, it was covered in melted cheese on a crispy roll, with onions. I had the pulled pork sandwich which came
With side salad and lots of coleslaw. It was good... But I felt the pulled pork was slightly dry and could have been doing with some sauce. We then couldn't help ourselves but to have a scone to share plus a cake. Service was fast and pleasant.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very good... but slightly too child friendly?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

OK so we should all love having kids around us constantly, however they behave, right?
Three of us visited here on Sunday morning - great bacon rolls, very decent coffee, pleasant welcoming space by the water and patchy though OK service - BUT children screaming almost the whole time!
Still glad we booked and came along and will probably do so again BUT a request to all children under three reading this review: ask your mum and dad to take you outside after the first five minutes of relentless wailing/crying/screaming etc? Remember to say please!

• Visited July 2014