“Mmmm...........”
Review of Mimi's Bakehouse

Mimi's Bakehouse
Ranked #4 of 61 Dessert in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
staffordshire
“Mmmm...........”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

What else can I say that hasn't already been said. From the warm welcome we received on entering the tea room, to the service and a great selection of home made treats - everything was perfect. Loved the decor. Real pleasure to find a genuine tea room in these days of the Costas and Starbucks (which I do also enjoy). Can't wait to go back to Edinburgh and try one of Mimi's afternoon teas.

• Visited February 2011

• Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing cafe!! Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 10 February 2011

This cafe is my new favourite place. The savoury selection is delicious and the cakes are completely out of this world! Very very tasty food, quirky interior, brilliant value and super nice staff = a perfect addition to the Shore : )

Hamburg, Germany
“perfect birthday breakfast”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We stopped by accidentally being in Edinburgh for a friend's birthday weekend. At Mimi's they don't only make great pastry and breakfast - it's the charming atmosphere that made our stay very memorable! Not only the unique interior but especially the caring service will make me come back for sure! It would have been great to have the choice of a glass of champagne as well - but since there is the option of a 4 Pounds corkage we know better for the next time.

• Visited February 2011
scotland
“best scones in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We came across Mimi's on a freezing cold day at the start of the year - many other places still hadn't reopened. It is an absolute gem - the staff are so friendly and helpful, and the array of cakes is just fantastic - a whole counter-full, and all home made. We had coffee and scones and both were delicious - whereas we often find that if the coffee is good, the scones aren't, (eg Starbucks) and vice versa. The cafe decor is lovely - all in all a great place, which I am sure will do very well - I just hope it doesn't get so popular that we can't get in!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food something a little different”
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We went for breakfast last Saturday my wife had the French Toast with Bacon and Maple Syrup it was huge and tasted awesome.

I had the Full Breakfast which was also a good size portion and left me feeling pretty full and I like my food. It comes with tea and I chose earl grey and it was one of the best cups of tea I have ever had.

We desperately wanted to have some cake afterwards but just did not have enough room plus we saw another couple order and it seemed like you get almost a quarter of a cake.

The only downside was nothing to do with Mimi's but I managed to get a parking ticket in my desperation to get food.