1,481 results
All reviews maternity hospital royal mile lauriston place grassmarket area minute walk grass market lovely hotel within walking distance would definitely stay here again family room large room main attractions stayed here for nights princes street full scottish long weekend city centre
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and found the location ideal for exploring Edinburgh by foot. Just west of the hotel we found some good restaurants. The room (413) was small and had a soft double bed - too soft for our taste. The bathroom had a strange layout but featured a bathtub. The room has leaning walls with one window. Even though traffic was noise in daytime we had two quiet nights there. The size of the room didn't bothered us at all. The breakfast has potential, it surely isn't bad, but somehow we weren't lucky with it.

Date of stay: May 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Edinburgh was our first stop on our trip to Scotland and we could not have had a friendlier and more welcoming introduction to the country than this hotel. We were warmly greeted and throughout our stay the staff were most accommodating and helpful. They were very kind to us and our 4 year old daughter, particularly Anne on the front desk. The included breakfast was very generous. My only comment is that the beds were very hard. So, if like me, you have a bad back, you might find if difficult to get a comfortable night's sleep. But, in saying that, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Edinburgh.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Room 207 was very comfortable for our 3 night stay, twin beds, sofa, large bathroom, strong wifi, good tv and a window overlooking the outside back parking lot so their can be some noise as guests come and go but there are no rooms on either side so there is no adjoining room noise and tehre is no street noise. Location was good- about a 20 minute walk to the castle - lots of restaurants right around the corner (a great spanish one) and a number of pubs and a grocery store within a 5 -10 minute walk. Did not use any of the hotels ameneties so cannot comment

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Used this hotel as the home base for family and friends traveling to Edinburgh for my wedding in March. My husband and I stayed for the weekend as well. I cannot say enough good things about Edinburgh City Hotel! Our contact, Nicola, kept in touch with me throughout the whole reserving rooms/booking process, letting me know who of my guests had booked, arranging a group breakfast for us, etc. They did an amazing job of accommodating 30+ people, and there was not a single issue that came up that they did not immediately find a solution for! Additionally, the staff was so friendly and supportive, as this photo clearly expresses!

Would recommend them to anyone visiting EDI!!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
David C, General Manager at Leonardo Boutique Hotel Simpson Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Marisa R,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of our hotel. It was a pleasure being able to look after you and your friends over such a special weekend and we are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will also be sure to pass on your thanks to Nicola.

I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon and that we can welcome you back one day.

Kind regards,

David Clancy
manager@edinburghcityhotel.com

Reviewed 9 May 2014

After coming from London, the rooms at this hotel were HUGE! I couldn't believe the size of it, especially in Europe!! Everything was very good ~ the hotel is very clean and in a great location. The only issue I had is that while I am not overly tall, I was unfortunately longer than the bed (crazy, right?!). Even still, I would definitely stay here again and thought that the charm of the building may it worth it right from the get go!

Date of stay: April 2014