Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
US$238
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$167
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$245
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$142
  • Pool
US$131
US$125
US$224
US$210
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$110
  • Bar/Lounge
US$146
US$139
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$154
1,667 results
All reviewscity centrethe executive loungeclose to the airportleisure clubexpress busleisure facilitiestwo double bedssteam rooman early flightbuffet breakfaststayed here for one nightfamily roombus stophaggisporridgeprinces streettaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stay in many hotels on business and was fortunate to stay here last Friday. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the food in the Source restaurant was fantastic. The room was very comfortable with a lovely bed and bedding. It is hard to find fault with this hotel but if I had to pick one thing, the 'voice-over man' in the lift does sound a little bored! although this did make me laugh very time I went in the lift! I would recommend this to anyone who wants to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

If you've stayed in one of the other standard business Marriott's in the UK like Preston or Swansea then you know what to expect here.

Location wise it's not in the centre and takes a while in a taxi or bus, I stayed here as I was working at a nearby office so it didn't bother me too much. If you want to pop out for a bit to eat then you're next to a dual carriageway and there's a Shell over the road (a bit Alan Partridge but I can confirm Michael the geordie doesn't work there)

The rooms are 10 year old Marriott - perfectly fine but nothing amazing - I had a deluxe room which had a decent sofa in as well so it felt spacious enough. The heating was fine and the secondary glazing stopped any noise from the dual carriageway.

Bed was okay, I'd been spoilt by the fancy bedding at the glasshouse in down so the sheets seemed a bit rough but slept well enough. The only issue was in the morning when the VERY LOUD slamming of doors in nearby rooms woke me up 30 minutes before my alarm clock was due to go off.

I'm a gold to tried the exec lounge in the evening which had some nice canapes and decent wine and beer - the breakfast in there the following morning was nice enough also.

Can echo what a lot of the other reviews said - the thing that makes this place is the staff, both on checkin and checkout they were helpful, friendly yet super efficient - I had an electronic copy of my invoice on my phone before I'd stepped out of the front door!

Not my first choice of hotel in Edinburgh but solid enough, especially if you want to be near the airport/zoo/etc and not the city centre.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are worth the extra for more space if you're going to be in there a bit.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have just held my 60th birthday party at the Marriott Hotel in Edinburgh and cannot praise the team at the Marriott highly enough. From the start of the planning process with Karen from the events team, to the reception staff at check in, to Steven the head concierge through to Kevin who managed my party on the night, everyone delivered the most fantastic service. There was no request that was too much trouble and it enabled me to relax and enjoy my party knowing that every detail had been taken care of. My guests have all complimented me on the venue, the quality of the rooms and the helpful staff as many of them had arranged to stay for the weekend. I have the most wonderful memories from my birthday weekend, manybofbthem due to the fantastic Marriott team.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It would be hard to find better restaurant staff anywhere. They did everything possible to accommodate us, and were friendly and helpful above and beyond the call of duty.
The hotel itself is well appointed, very close to the airport with buses leaving every 10 minutes directly to the centre of the city.
I would recommend this hotel for the staff alone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights over the New Year, myself husband and teenage daughter. Lovely welcoming reception, all staff I came into contact with were more than helpful, shared local knowledge with helpful tips for travel. Room was fabulous, more than enough room for 3. Included breakfast was very good, help yourself, all freshly cooked andplenty of it. Location is good, bus stop across road into city, run often and well priced. We enjoyed new year celebration in the city with free bus service back. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be returning to continue exploring Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family