“The Right Place to End Your End Journey”

Edinburgh Marriott Hotel
Ranked #81 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Toronto, Canada
“The Right Place to End Your End Journey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the end of 16 days of touring Ireland and Scotland. By this point we were tired, and glad to spend the time in very comfortable accommodation.

The rooms are certainly Marriott quality. There is a wonderful bar to spend some time at the end of a day touring.

If you want to be close to the tourist attractions and the night life, better to stay at a place in town as you are about 20 minutes by taxi or longer by bus from centre of town.

Its close to the airport, so if that is what you need, stay here.

Great exercise room and pool.

Breakfast buffet was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
South Jersey,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a 'Lifetime' Marriott Platinum rewards member i have stayed over 850 nights in marriott properties and this is one of my alltime favorites !

My Wife and Family and i have stayed here 3 different occasions in the past 5 years and have always been treated with the greatest respect with excellent service on each visit.

They do alot of tour business but this usually does not present a problem with ample seats in the on-site bar/pub. Breakfast is always a daily highlight and again i have never been told 'No' on any request. The Hotel does have AC which is a nice plus.

The Bus to City Center is one pound fifty so a nice value.

Look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel feels a little dated. It is convenient to the airport and on the bus line, so easily accessible. My room was quite warm, AC does not appear to be working. The lounge area is adequate, but service was very slow and food was substandard. There was a barbeque special and the burger I had was dried out, and not very good at all to the point I ate the salads and left the burger. Staff are very friendly, no complaints there. Just not quite the Marriott that is usually above par.

Room Tip: view was looking out onto heating units. not sure if there is a good room, but this is an airport h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane B
Edinburgh_Marriott, Director of Operations at Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortfalls in service you received during your stay. Please be assured that we are investigating the points you raised and will immediately take the appropriate steps to improve upon the services provided to our guests. This was our first BBQ and whilst not an excuse we will ensure that we get it right for next week as we will be hosting our football BBQ’s every Tuesday through to mid-July. I was, however, delighted to read that you found our staff friendly and do hope that you will provide us the opportunity to take care of you on a future occasion so we can deliver the excellent standard of service that I know we are capable of. Please do let me know when you plan a return visit to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Angela

Angela Humble
Director of Operations
Tel: +44 (0)131 334 9191
arbroath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as a stopover for the airport. Really good price for overnight stay with 2 weeks parking and taxi journey to and from the airport. Hotel met all our needs adequately. Hotel was very busy with lots of business meetings taking place in the quite small lounge / reception area. Don,t quite understand why you would want to hold a business meeting in such a public area. Room was spacious and clean. Spa area was a nice space to relax in, but would imagine it would become very busy in school holidays. All in all a pleasant stay and would use this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've stayed at the Edinburgh Marriott many times, and I like it. I've never had cause to complain, or even wait to be attended to at Reception. As an Elite member, I also like the fact that most of the times I've checked in, I've been lucky enough to be allocated one of the larger rooms each time.

What makes this visit stand out was the introduction of Mobile Check In. The Marriott App prompts you the day before to ask if you want to check in remotely and roughly what time you expect to arrive. And when you arrive, you're card is already waiting on you - just a quick signature and you're on your way to your room... less than 1 minute at the desk.. a definite improvement on what was an efficient reception service in the past anyway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the car-park side are slightly quieter as away from the main Glasgow Road, if you allow for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased with the Marriott, fantastic room with a luxurious super king bed & the staff are lovely.

The main restaurant 'The Grill'(?) was superb meal wise (rump steak & a Marriott burger). The place is so expensive though if you have drinks in the bar or restaurant eg £12 for 2 vodka diet cokes, whether it's Smirnoff or premium.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights in May 2014. A bit far out of the City centre for my liking, I found it a little bit business orientated and not very personal at all. To be fair one of my nights was business related. I had dinner in the restaurant on the first evening. The staff need prompting before I could get a drink or get a bread roll with my soup. the restaurant was also extremely hot. The steak I had was ok nothing special. The bedroom was comfortable. Breakfast was very good.
I had a problem with my bill on check-out which was eventually resolved and paid to my satisfaction. I didn't like the fact that my PIN number was not required on check-out either. This concern turned out to be well founded, as when I retuned home a further unauthorised charge had been made to my card - bill adjustment they called it. After I told them I was reporting the event as an unauthorised charge to the credit card company they eventually agreed to refund it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tajsurfer
Edinburgh_Marriott, General Manager at Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that overall your stay was not to the excellent standard one would have expected from a Marriott hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments with you directly if you would be so kind as to contact me here at the hotel. I look forward to resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,