We stayed 30th of December through to 2nd of January, and paid £67.50 per night B&B for 2 nights and £130 B&B for new years eve. Weirdly, only managed to get those prices by booking the £67.50 nights via Marriott directly and the New Years eve via Ebookers. Marriot wanted something ridiculous like £250 for NYE, wereas Ebookers wanted £110 per night on all three nights. Another like trick worth trying for people booking at NYE - we booked room only via Ebookers as they wanted £146 for B&B, we phoned the hotel after booking and asked them to add breakfast to our deal which they did for £10 each, instead of the usual £15 each. I have quite often seen rates higher than £20 extra (2 people sharing) for "Stay For Breakfast" rates at the Marriott, so this is one to keep in mind.
Marriott Edinburgh is the usually high standard you expect from this chain. Loads of parking, although we went after there had been a snow fall which had iced up and they had made no attempt to treat the car park. Check in wasn't very good as a coach party arrived at the same time as us and decided they had priority over me and my wife who were waiting to be checked in, I duly and politely made my objections known and to be fair was immediately seen and was given a free upgrade. Lady who checked us in was very nice.
Room was very well appointed. Beds are so comfortable in these hotels. Our room, while Glasgow Road facing did not suffer any road noise. Air con and heating in the room worked really well. Bathroom was very nice and spacious, small bath, shower pressure was ok, but not brilliant. At one point we ordered room service which was a bitter sweet experience, bitter as the food was less than inspiring even for room service and was a long time coming, which meant it was hardly piping hot, sweet as they took longer than their 45 minute guarantee and so we were not charged. Internet and movies are very expensive but its great that they have put 32" LCD TV's in all the rooms now, all 3 Sky Sports channels available for you sport lovers out there.
Leisure facilities are reasonable. Nice area to sit out in beside the pool with wooden desk chairs, papers and magazines etc. Pool was well heated, and the jacuzzi was red hot. Steam room was very good as well. Changing rooms however are a disappointment, a bit grubby and very small.
Never had a bad breakfast at Marriott to date and here was no exception. Good, fast service, piping hot breakfast, eggs cooked the way you like them and they were even happy to cook fresh kippers each morning for you (you have to order these).
Hotel location, while not near the city centre, really isn't a problem as there are buses going from right outside the hotel every few minutes all through the day and night. £1.20 each way, £3.00 for a day ticket - try and make sure you have exact change as bus drivers can be a bit "funny" about such things. Good tip if you have internet access is via the bus website you can track buses now so you know when they are going to arrive and there is an iphone app as well that does the same thing, really useful for when your actually in the city center. Also, I found that Edinburgh breaks the rules in terms of big cities and car parking, I've always managed to park for free in the city, you just need to look around a little bit.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, especially over the holiday period, wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, indeed we are looking to go back. Remember to shop around with Marriott for the best deals though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh hotels are renowned for their fine hospitality and the Edinburgh Marriott Hotel has established itself as one of the finest hotels in Edinburgh. An ideal location for weekend getaways or business trips, this stylish hotel accommodation is a five-minute drive from Edinburgh International Airport and 15 minutes from the centre of the city. Our Edinburgh hotel is ideally located for area events like the Royal Highland Show and Edinburgh Fringe Festival as well as rugby games at Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. You can enjoy Edinburgh's historic sites with a convenient local bus service to the city centre which runs regularly from the hotel. When planning an event, nothing compares to our Edinburgh hotel's service. Your event, whether big or small, will be planned with perfection. We offer 12 meeting rooms and on-site catering services for flexible space and menu options. Hosting a meeting or conference? We offer discounted rates for group accommodations at our hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Prestigia, Superbreak UK and Southall Travel so you can book your Edinburgh Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott Hotel Scotland