We had a one night stay and 10 days parking at the Marriott. We had read the mixed reviews. When we arrived at the hotel I asked reception to make reservations at the chinese restaurant located nearby, which had been recommended in some of the reviews. Went to the room which was cold, smelly and a bit tired, before going to the restuarant I asked that that be sorted by our return (restaurant was awful and over priced - food poor) Fabio's was also recommended and was across the road (may have been better - don't know) also found a Frankie and Benny's closer to the Marriott - worth noting for families. Rturn to hotel and found they had changed our room but had not turned heating on - room was freezing, had noticed a heater in the corridor and decided to take that but was spotted by a member of staff. room was taking ages to warm up so I complained, said staff member who observed me steal a heater outside another room arrived. I explained that I am not accostomed to taking property outside other rooms but that we cannot stay in a room this cold. He kindly showed us 3 other rooms, however on our return to our room the room had warmed up and we decided to stay. Breakfast fab as always. On our return to the Uk the weather conditions were such that we decided to stay a night and leave in the morning, we were given a free upgrade and executive lounge access which was really nice as it included free breakfast and canapes in the room. when I asked why we were receiving the upgrade the staff member replied that they could recall our last visit. I thought the Pay per view was reasonable £6.50 especially as the Radisson in Malta charge £16.31 for older films. Really liked the Taxi transfers which are included in the price and not having to share a small coach with shoving people as we did at our last hotel and park place - Crowne Plaza. Staff here were incredibly friendly - Childrens meals £4.50 room service very good. I would certainly stay at a Marriott again and at this particular hotel. Great that car is parked on sight. Thank you all for your kind hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh hotels are renowned for their fine hospitality and the Edinburgh Marriott Hotel has established itself as one of the finest hotels in Edinburgh. An ideal location for weekend getaways or business trips, this stylish hotel accommodation is a five-minute drive from Edinburgh International Airport and 15 minutes from the centre of the city. Our Edinburgh hotel is ideally located for area events like the Royal Highland Show and Edinburgh Fringe Festival as well as rugby games at Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. You can enjoy Edinburgh's historic sites with a convenient local bus service to the city centre which runs regularly from the hotel. When planning an event, nothing compares to our Edinburgh hotel's service. Your event, whether big or small, will be planned with perfection. We offer 12 meeting rooms and on-site catering services for flexible space and menu options. Hosting a meeting or conference? We offer discounted rates for group accommodations at our hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Edinburgh Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott Hotel Scotland