My wife, I and our 2 young children under 10 spent the bank holiday weekend in Edinburgh and stayed at the Marriott. Granted, it is away from town, yet the 100 express bus service is very convenient and easy. An Italian and a Chinese restaurant are within walking distance as is the ubiquitous MacDonalds.
The hotel is clean and a large double room with 2 double beds was enough for us. The boutique decor is quite pleasing. We spent a lot of time in the pool which was refreshing. The breakfast was reasonable but unless asked for, you do not get a choice.
Service was excellent, the staff extremely courteous and helpful especially the concierge desk.
There was one snag though. After a long day at the Royal Mile, we settled down in our room to watch a pay family movie. However, it stopped midway and we couldn't watch the end. When asked, the hotel told me that the service is run by a contracted company and this has happened in the past. They were of course decent enough by promising to return the money. I intend to lodge a formal complaint and I do feel that the hotel should discontinue their contract and of course they do hold vicarious responsibility.
And I will agree with one of the reviewers that internet access is ridiculously priced and should be free
I am a Marriott member and overall this one in Edinburgh has not let me down for one of the most relaxing holidays we have had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh hotels are renowned for their fine hospitality and the Edinburgh Marriott Hotel has established itself as one of the finest hotels in Edinburgh. An ideal location for weekend getaways or business trips, this stylish hotel accommodation is a five-minute drive from Edinburgh International Airport and 15 minutes from the centre of the city. Our Edinburgh hotel is ideally located for area events like the Royal Highland Show and Edinburgh Fringe Festival as well as rugby games at Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. You can enjoy Edinburgh's historic sites with a convenient local bus service to the city centre which runs regularly from the hotel. When planning an event, nothing compares to our Edinburgh hotel's service. Your event, whether big or small, will be planned with perfection. We offer 12 meeting rooms and on-site catering services for flexible space and menu options. Hosting a meeting or conference? We offer discounted rates for group accommodations at our hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Edinburgh Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott Hotel Scotland