1. staff never assume that you know how to spell someone's name - always ask first! And NEVER call a potential or actual guest a liar!
2. communication needs to be improved b/t the hotel and the reservations central team
3. after 1 and 2 were cleared up - the staff settled and new staff came on shift who were great!
4. room - fantastic - smelt fresh, bathroom clean, business/executive amazing and so were the night lady and breakfast lady/waitresses nothing was too much for them; they we only all too willing to offer help and make know what services or extras they could retrieve /prepare for us.
5. The fitness centre staff man was really informative and helpful - fantastic fitness centre - almost made us stay our entire 14 days in this one plac e- massive pool, spa and sauna too
:) really impressed AFTER the angryness at check was sorted out!
Rate wise mmmm - still more money than used to paying for a one night stay.
cleanliness - really good.
service - not easy to rate as above - because the service from different staff was far greater and better than from other staff.
location - fantastic - minutes from the airport and maccas
value - nmmm could be improved as it is about 30minutes to the city
rooms - nice, comfy, cosy, nice smell, aroma, non smoking -e xcellent
sleep quality - we're all very tired so slept well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh hotels are renowned for their fine hospitality and the Edinburgh Marriott Hotel has established itself as one of the finest hotels in Edinburgh. An ideal location for weekend getaways or business trips, this stylish hotel accommodation is a five-minute drive from Edinburgh International Airport and 15 minutes from the centre of the city. Our Edinburgh hotel is ideally located for area events like the Royal Highland Show and Edinburgh Fringe Festival as well as rugby games at Murrayfield Rugby Stadium. You can enjoy Edinburgh's historic sites with a convenient local bus service to the city centre which runs regularly from the hotel. When planning an event, nothing compares to our Edinburgh hotel's service. Your event, whether big or small, will be planned with perfection. We offer 12 meeting rooms and on-site catering services for flexible space and menu options. Hosting a meeting or conference? We offer discounted rates for group accommodations at our hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Edinburgh Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott Hotel Scotland