“Quicker killing the fish yourself”
Review of Hay Sushi

Hay Sushi
Ranked #1,617 of 2,624 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I ordered a delivery and it took 2hrs and 12 mins to arrive. I phoned and was you they would check with the driver and call back, never happened. The food arrived, cold miso and warm sushi. A total shambles and when I phoned to complain not even an apology. Awful, go elsewhere as it's not cheap.

1  Thank Ewan A

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Good food the soup was not too great but the rest was yum! like a lot of other reviews i read delivery time was a bit long but worth the wait! :-)

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have ordered from Hay Sushi several times as the food is really good, however, recently the delivery time has taken longer and longer. On Saturday 15th February, I ordered some food at 5.40pm. As they had only been open for 40 minutes, you would not expect the delivery time to take 2 HOURS, especially when I live 10 minutes walk up the road! Unless everyone orders their take-aways at 5.30pm on a Saturday? I don't think so! Had it been 7pm or something I would expect to wait that long! The hot food that I had ordered was subsequently absolutely freezing but also moist with the condensation from in the containers, proving it had been warm once! No apology, and they charged me £2 for delivery! The hot food was disgusting due to the cold / moist issue but the sushi and sashimi was still nice.

1  Thank Kasia M
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Visited on way back from 6 six nations match. Was very busy and very slow service, but dealt with very well by staff. Some may rate lower because of this but I feel the food served was to high standard and my wife and I both enjoyed. Wouldn't have any hesitation in going back again.

1  Thank Adedude
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The food was amazing, such good quality but amazing value- so much sushi!
The service was a little slow when we arrived and the atmosphere was a bit low but that could be because it was a Sunday
However, the waiter was really nice and gave us a card at the end to let us know about take away service should we ever have a random sushi craving!