“tranquility in a beautiful city”

10 Clarendon Crescent
Reviewed 13 June 2014

fantastic apartment, the owner is very helpful and accommodating and made sure that there were essentials such as milk, cereal, tea coffee, fruit and other store cupboard essentials. The apartment was spacious and quiet and extremely well fitted. its a Victorian house, with a fabulous entrance hall and the apartments are modern. My apartment had a great view across the city to the sea

Its near the west end which has lots of pubs, restaurants and bars and also about a 10 minute walk to Princes Street. the walk to Stockwell village also is about 10 minutes as are other attractions. Bus links are excellent inEdinburgh and this is on a main route

Room Tip: I had Learmouth apartment - which I really loved, but its on the top floor and the last flight of st...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful Apartments located centrally
Staff were friendly and warm. Clean and Quiet. Well maintained. Nice view of the city from the windows in the kitchen. Owner was on hand when we arrived, fresh milk for our coffee was in the frdge

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thank 100brucebrown .
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here over the first weekend in October 2013 with my boyfriend. Our room was on the top floor (can't remember the name!), and although there are several flights of stairs to climb, once you get there you won't be disappointed! We were first given a tour by our lovely host, the apartment had a good sized bedroom with wardrobe space, a tv, a desk, full sized mirror, and a good working hair dryer. The bathroom was small but had everything you needed; a good sized bath with shower, and a washing machine for those staying longer. The living area had an nice big sofa, with a big tv and a 4 seated dining table. Kitchen was fully equipped, whilst there we used the oven, grill and microwave (all-in-one) and can say they were in full working order, also used the dishwasher, which even though it was small, it did the job.

You may find getting parked a problem, we were lucky as we arrived around 4:30pm on Friday so we only had to pay for a couple of hours to park on the street right outside the hotel, as it is free over weekends. Although if you are staying mid week it may be harder to get parked so close, and you will have to pay.

I couldn't fault the apartment in the slightest. The place was spotless and absolutely gorgeous inside, I would recommend to anyone.

Thank you for our lovely weekend away.

Room Tip: Top floor, the view is gorgeous and the apartment is so spacious!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed in the Belgrave Room. I was booked into a Superior Deluxe room, but after reading the descriptions of the other rooms on the website I have a sneaky suspicion that as I was a single traveller I may have been put in the lowest grade room. But I apologise to the owners in advance if I have got this wrong.

The apartment was beautifully decorated, and Billy was very welcoming. I usually stay with friends in Edinburgh but as a birthday treat to myself I booked Clarendon crescent, and it was a lovely base to have for a few days.

Just to point out that the apartment does not have separate rooms rather it is a large room that has a temporary partition separating the bed from the lounge/kitchen,

The Wi-Fi was fast and reliable, the house was 10 mins from Princes Street, plenty of hot water, comfortable bed, nice large couch, coffee table books. There were teabags and a pint of milk waiting for me after a long train journey.

I never turned on the TV so I can’t comment on that, but I noticed that there wasn’t a dvd player in the room which was fine by me but may be an issue for travellers without their laptop or parents travelling with their children who like to use dvds as a welcome distraction for young ones.

There were a few details which even though they seem minor would have added something special to my stay. The smaller towel was not big enough to wrap around my hair. There were candles in the room but no lighter or matches so I had to go out and buy some. I brought all the toiletries I needed with me but it would have been nice for those who travel light to have more toiletries than one small bar of hand soap. I would have loved a small bottle of bath salts or bubble bath but alas I went out and bought some.

In the bathroom (and sometimes lounge) I could hear everything that was being said and the music being played in the room next door. I’m not sure if my neighbors were being particulary loud or whether the walls are just very thin. This was annoying as I had specifically booked Clarendon Crescent because it had a bathtub for me to relax in but the noise from next door was distracting.

There was a problem with the oven/microwave which caused the electricity to cut out twice in my room when I tried to use it. Billy was out and about but luckily his daughter was home and she was very helpful and cooked my pizza for me in their oven and bought it up to me. The electrician came the next morning to have a look but he wasn't sure what was going. I can't imagine this happens very often at Clarendon Crescent and Billy was really on top of getting it sorted out. It was a wee bit annoying because I avoided using the oven after this in case it cut out the electricity again and I ate out instead. Again this didn't ruin my trip but it may have proved difficult for travellers who were on a tighter budget.

I commend the proprietors and if the minor details listed above were addressed I would love to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Y A
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We've just spent 3 nights in the Belgrave apartment at 10 Clarendon Crescent and had a fantastic time. The apartment is so cleverly designed and laid out, making the most of the big space, and the owners have spec'd it to a very high and comfortable standard which helps it to be a home from home.

The apartment is pretty well equipped in the kitchen with fresh fruit, breakfast items and coffee/tea all waiting for us when we arrived. The location was perfect for us - a 10 min walk to Princes St but away from all the crowds and noise. The hallways and external building are really well maintained...and the owners had made every effort to put some sparkle and festive spirit into the shared areas.

Edinburgh is a fab place to visit and this apartment was the icing on the cake. I'm sure we'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed four nights with my wife in this lovely and big apartment. The owner, Billy, welcome us with fresh fruit, milk, coffee and did everything to make our stay pleasant.
The apartment is located in one of the most beautiful neighboorhoods in Edimburgh and it's only a 5-7 minute walking to Princess street.
I Highy recommend this apartment.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The layout of the apartment was executed thoughtfully and definitely keeping in theme of comfort in mind. I stayed for 3 nights and wished I booked more nights in Edinburgh just to relax at the apartment instead of being out all the time.

The location is close enough to the action without being in the middle of it all. It's nice to walk back after a hard day of doing touristy stuff and relax!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends