“Decent”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Decent”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Visited here with friends after a game of football. I have quite high standards when it comes to Indian food and this restaurant was of a reasonable standard but a class below the best Indians I've visited. The food was ok and my starter was very tasty but my main course was average in portion size and it didn't last too long. It did the job for a post football curry but there are a number of better Indians in Edinburgh

• Visited October 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Bad experience, very poor customer service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have been here a lot, usually once a month sometimes twice a month and was very surprised to see such bad service on Friday 4th October!

I was there with my mum we were seated quickly and ordered our starters (paneer pakora and malai chicken boti), and our main dishes (chicken steak for me and my mum paneer karahi - which being Pakistani myself I know does not take long to cook compared to other dishes!)

So the waitress takes the our order about 7.50pm, walks away and gives the order in the kitchen. She then comes back saying after the starters the main dishes will take 40 minutes to be served but she said they will try to be quicker than that! We said ok no problem - so our starters were served quick. Starters were nice - malai boti peices could have been bigger for the price - seen better starters in Glasgow but never mind!

We finished our starters and waited for our main dishes to arrive at our table. We had to keep asking the waitress as by this time it was well past the 40 minute mark it was now almost 50 minutes! We then come to the 1hour 10 mark and another waiter comes to serve our food which was chicken briyani and some chicken tawa dish - I then said we did not order these mains - waiter then walks off( no eye contact or anything) in a mood and angry manner and takes it back to the kitchen. We then waited another 10 mins bearing in mind its now been 1hour 20 mins since we've had our starters - asked again and they said it will be here in 5 mins! still no sign of the food though!

My mum then asked to speak to the manager - who then came out we asked whats happening his response was that some dishes take longer than others! Funny thing is that people who arrived more than 30 mins after us had their mains served to them and they were clearly ordering more - curries, mixed grills which take longer than what we had! We said this to the manager but he failed to acknowledge this. They clearly messed up our order but did not want to apologise for serving the wrong order and not making ours!

If he had apologised we would have stayed but we walked out because he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say so what this happens kind of thing! He didnt even bother to stop us or offer us an alternative or a refreshment while we wait! BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU ASK ME!

I have always enjoyed the food here and cannot fault it at all - its the only decent Pakistani restaurant in Edinburgh - however it is ashame that I will not be going here in a hurry!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank SabahM2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best of it's kind in Edinburgh”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Some of the the best tandoori/grilled meat and fish I've ever tasted. I had the Cod Tikka to start, the fish was extremely fresh, delicately spiced and cooked beautifully. We then shared an enormous mixed grill between two and ordered some popadoms, pickles, breads and sauces. The meat was succulent and tender and everything that came alongside was equally delicious. The bill came to less than £15 per head which is outstanding value, I'll be back soon.

It's a fairly bustling atmosphere, perhaps best suited to a night out with a group of friends rather than a romantic meal. It's B.Y.O.B and if you're looking for somewhere nearby to grab a few cold beers beforehand I strongly recommend "Appellation wines" just down the road.

• Visited September 2013
“The best Indian restaurant!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, especially those who have never found a decent indian. The food here is amazing and of great quality and quantity. The steak and mixed grill are to die for. The service is amazing and the manager takes all customer feedback seriously. I go to this restaurant at least once a month and cannot fault it. Very good food and very good service. Yet to find an indian that beats this.

“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Lovely food, good portions and very reasonably priced for a city centre indian! Service was good too considering how busy the place was.

Not the place for a romantic meal for 2 though, the tables are set out Nando's style and you are pretty much sitting shoulder to shoulder with people at the next table.

• Visited September 2013