“Quick lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast
Turners Hill, United Kingdom
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Roquet was very disappointing. Popped for a quick lunch. Service was charming but the food was very mediocre. Salad leaves were old and limp had seen better days (and there was no roquet!) the crispy bacon with my baked potato wasn't at all crispy. I wouldn't recommend it.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great quick food at great price”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I eat in Rocket regularly as it is great, tasty food at a reasonable price. it's not pretentious and doesn't kid on that it is anything but a great wee cafe serving delicious food. I often wish it was a bit bigger but then it wouldn't be the same. the service can be slow but it is very busy with sit in and take away, though this means the food is fresh. Keep it up Rocket.....

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ScotNets
“Nice cafe”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Both myself and my boyfriend are students and really enjoyed our lunch and think it is a fair price and good to have student discount. My boyfriend really loved the Rocket Club! Always enjoyed the food.

One of the girls was really friendly, however the other who served us initially was a little off. It wouldn't put us off though as we both work in food ourselves but definitely something to improve on!

Great coffee!

• Visited May 2014
“Food ok price bad”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Work around morningside the food is ok for the price of a roll not good go to costa or Marks and Sparks just as nice! Just another over priced shop in morningside!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mcqueenhair
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Potential - but not quite there”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I go out for breakfast quite a lot with friends and we thought we'd try a new place for a change. We do tend to rate them among ourselves - for fun - but also to decide if we go back.
First impressions: nice, bright comfortable place but the initial greeting wasn't the friendliest. Mr friend arrived first and he said it was little "grumpy". When our waitress came to take the orders she seemed to be a little "brighter".
The table however felt a little sticky with some crumbs on it. Had probably not been cleaned properly - not particularly nice.
Breakfast was acceptable but with room for improvement. Some of the ingredients were good quality, but the sausages weren't - although there were two of them. As my friend put it: if I'd bought these for home I'd have been disappointed.
The plates could have been bigger too - it was all a little cramped on the plate.
I'd like it to be better because we like variety for our breakfast outings.

• Visited May 2014