“What a find”

Foodies Holyrood
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe, British, American, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Foodies Holyrood is a bright airy cafe on Holyrood Road on the doorstep of the Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace and the rolling hills of Arthur Seat, just a 10 minute walk from the city centre. The menu is bursting with locally sourced, fine Scottish produce. Sample the freshly baked cakes , tuck in to a hearty bowl of soup, munch on a chunky sandwich or a jam-packed baked tattie, or simply relax with a cuppa and the morning paper.
Hertford, United Kingdom
“What a find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

So handy, just 50 yards from our hotel, The MacDonald Holyrood. Needing a warm snack, colleagues and I had soup, a choice of potato & leek or ham and lentil, plus baked potato topped with chicken curry (lots of toppings available), there were toasties plus they serve breakfast and do sandwiches too. Lots of yummy cakes on display. There is a small indoor eating area. I'd be very pleased if this was located near me.

Visited April 2014

England
“Such a great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Both had lunch here! Fabulous home made feel with friendly service and atmosphere.

Need to pay by cash only!

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“very friendly, swift service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Reading through the other reviews I am wondering if we went to a different restaurant. The staff could not have been more helpful, the service was fast & brilliant and the food super. We had a 7 month old baby with us so they heated up his food in a microwave. The children kept changing their mind about what they wanted but our waitress was happy to alter the order. Smiles from everyone. Food lovely. I asked if they take reservations as I need to meet with clients in the area and was so impressed I immediately decided a quiet table here would be ideal. They gave me their phone number to allow me to book a table in advance. All in all first class.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sooz18
Ayrshire, Scotland
“So disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

The international atmosphere from the diners was great, the food - when it arrived - was pretty good, but I almost had another birthday waiting for it to arrive. It was lunchtime; the buzz with FMQT round the corner at the Parliament quite exciting, but I have no idea why we all waited for around 30 minutes for sandwiches and soup. We watched only 4 other tables be served; the rest were eating. The waitress was offhand when we arrived although the Polish girl who eventually dealt with us was most apologetic and tried her best. It was the only place we received poor service in a week of tourist activity in Edinburgh. I had been so pleased at how the capital was promoting Scottish Tourism till this. Most disappointing.

• Visited November 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill - service poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Visited midweek with colleagues at lunchtime. Table had not been cleaned properly. - when I asked for a menu the wsitress pointed to one sitting in the middle of the long table . Food slow to arrive. - half my coffee was in saucer. Wsitress said she would bring milk and I suggested maybe a napkin to mop up coffee!!
Colleague arrived - waitress looked at us from till area and disappeared. Coffee came and my colleague had to chase the waitress to ask for sugar. It arrived with a soup spoon as "there are no small spoons".

Seriously bad service - go somewhere else

• Visited November 2013