“Great wee stop off for a wholesome lunch”
Review of Foodies Holyrood - CLOSED

Foodies Holyrood
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Foodies Holyrood is a bright airy cafe on Holyrood Road on the doorstep of the Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace and the rolling hills of Arthur Seat, just a 10 minute walk from the city centre. The menu is bursting with locally sourced, fine Scottish produce. Sample the freshly baked cakes , tuck in to a hearty bowl of soup, munch on a chunky sandwich or a jam-packed baked tattie, or simply relax with a cuppa and the morning paper.
displaced Englishwoman
“Great wee stop off for a wholesome lunch”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Foodies is a regular lunch haunt for me. they have pies, all manner of sandwiches and rolls, lovely baked potatoes and salads. I am a big fan of their paninis, but for sitting in you cannot beat the soup and half a sandwich option - perfect for those days when you need something extra to keep you warm or fill you up. I have so far managed to resist their amazing display of cake, but one of these days it is bound to get the better of me!
It is family friendly and an ideal stop if you are at Holyrood Park or Dynamic Earth, and you can eat in peace if you are visiting alone. If you are in a group, they have long refractory tables down the middle perfect for a natter with friends. Great atmosphere, great food, friendly staff.

• Visited April 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average Food, Dreadful Service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The only thing worse than the bland food is the truly awful waiting staff. Every time you place an order it's almost as if it's a chore for them and not actually what they get paid for. The food is bland and when you complain about anything it's just dismissed like they don't care.

I now refuse to go and always go to Let Me Eat where you always get service with a smile, great coffee and even better food!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank s c
Hertford, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

So handy, just 50 yards from our hotel, The MacDonald Holyrood. Needing a warm snack, colleagues and I had soup, a choice of potato & leek or ham and lentil, plus baked potato topped with chicken curry (lots of toppings available), there were toasties plus they serve breakfast and do sandwiches too. Lots of yummy cakes on display. There is a small indoor eating area. I'd be very pleased if this was located near me.

Visited April 2014
England
“Such a great find!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Both had lunch here! Fabulous home made feel with friendly service and atmosphere.

Need to pay by cash only!

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“very friendly, swift service and great food”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Reading through the other reviews I am wondering if we went to a different restaurant. The staff could not have been more helpful, the service was fast & brilliant and the food super. We had a 7 month old baby with us so they heated up his food in a microwave. The children kept changing their mind about what they wanted but our waitress was happy to alter the order. Smiles from everyone. Food lovely. I asked if they take reservations as I need to meet with clients in the area and was so impressed I immediately decided a quiet table here would be ideal. They gave me their phone number to allow me to book a table in advance. All in all first class.

• Visited January 2014