“Back again.”

Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have reviewed the pub/restaurant before and have just been back again for lunch. The place was very busy and I was glad I had reserved a table. The only trouble I have is deciding what to select from the menu. This time,being an expert on Cullen skink, I decided to go for the large serving. It was by far the best Cullen Skink I have ever tasted. Along with the beautiful bread and butter this a very filling dish. I will certainly be back to try another of their dishes, but there again will I be able to resist the Cullen Skink. My vegetarian daughter had the macaroni cheese with a side salad, again full marks. Friendly attentive staff and quirky décor.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just returned from a 4 night trip to Edinburgh where whilst visiting the Royal Yacht Britannia we made a detour over to the Roseleaf pub for brunch, and we're so glad we did!. The owners are really friendly, and the food is great, i had the "big yin" and my other half had a burger & chips and both were excellent, theres a varied mix on the menu, its not just standard pub fayre. All in all thoroughly recommended and its only a 5 minute stroll over from the Britannia bus stop so well worth the visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stopped in to grab a bite before we visited Britannia. All the tables were taken/ reserved but the staff were happy to serve us food at the bar until a table was freed up. The food was perfect. The drinks were especially nice (the OJ had a lovely citrus kick). The main reason to stop in is definitely the decor: imagine a pub re-decorated by a mad old woman with a hat fetish! Gutted I'll probably never get the chance to visit again...

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Cute venue, amazing food( get the bloody beetroot burger)and lovely staff. A great experience and Johnny and his wife who run this establishment are very cool with good banter and superb customer service. No pretentiousness. Will be back again and I'm from Edinburgh, so any tourists visiting, it's a must! Bravo.

All the Best Andy

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Amazing staff - very attentive, knowledgeable and helpful.

The menu is local and pays attention to details - however the menu, even with daily specials, is quite limited. Sometimes I like everything - but on this visit there was something in most dishes I did not like. This is of course personal preference and they do try to accommodate where they can....but it is just be aware if going here for this first time.

I would recommend.