“WHEN 5 STARS ARE NOT ENOUGH”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bell's Brae House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #56 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Irvine
“WHEN 5 STARS ARE NOT ENOUGH”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for second time. Bells Brae is stunning with hosts who really do put in the extra effort to make your stay second to none. Arrive as a guest and leave as a friend. Breakfast is served in a beautiful setting and the food is excellent with a huge selection well cooked and presented. The room is probably the most unique we have ever stayed in overlooking the Water of Leith, we saw numerous wild birds and were treated to being able to watch a pair of Kingfishers fishing in the river. We are already planning another trip as the Bells Brae is well situated for seeing Edinburgh yet is in an area which can only be described as a " world in its own".

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Different places
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Bell's Brae House is a beautiful B&B with wonderful hosts in a great location. Stephanie and Stuart are incredibly friendly and accommodating, and they make an an excellent breakfast, and there was warm shortbread waiting for us on arrival (as well as a decanter of sherry). We came for one night in through Edinburgh and loved it so much we booked again for our way back. The location is amazing, right next to a stream in a beautiful old part of town, a short walk from great restaurants and cafes, and about 15 minute walk from the main tourist attractions in the Old Town of Edinburgh.

Room Tip: I think there's only one room... so the best tip is to book early!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 7 January 2014

From the moment we were greeted by the wonderful hosts this proved to be a most fabulous B&B. It really has everything from the homemade Shortbread, selection of Teas, decanter of Sherry awaiting your arrival in the luxury bedroom with a balcony overlooking the river.to the delicious breakfast choice that will be available to you after a great sleep in the large comfortable bed.
This little oasis of historical tranquillity really is a 10 minute walk from Princes Street and cannot be faulted in any way. A must stay!

Lucca, Italy
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We only stayed one night late December. The house is lovely, cozy and welcoming, it is in a great situation right beside the river yet centrally located only a short walk from cafes, bars and restaurants. Our room was beautifully decorated and we had one of our best sleeps ever in the huge bed! We had a relaxing stroll early the next morning along the riverbank path to a bustling little food market in the Stockbridge area. Thank you Steph and Stewart for your amazing and kind hospitality. We would highly recommend a stay here to anyone. Linda and Giorgio, Italy.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were sorry to only have 2 nights in this lovely place. It's a fantastic one-off location - we had heard what a special place this is but hadn't managed to get a booking to suit us until this opportunity for some Christmas shopping in and around Princes Street (so close!). We were made extremely welcome. Nothing was too much trouble and we were treated like old friends: with care and attention which was nonetheless not intrusive. Some great personal touches and an excellent breakfast! Lovely walks by the Water of Leith.

lillykelly
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have just got back from 2 nights at Bells Brae House and I cant tell you how wonderful this place is.
I am a very fussy person, I normally want to go home the minute I book in.

when it comes to where I will stay,It has to be very clean and I don't like to be in the middle of things but I don't like to be out of it ether. I don't sleep well at home or when I go away because of a number of things.

This B&B has it all!! Lovely owners, lovely home, beautiful views and the best bed I have ever stayed in, Its massive. I don't think I have ever slept so well in my life. The room and owner are very special and nothing is to much trouble.

The breakfast room is outstanding and the breakfast is unbelievable.

If you are looking for something special PLEASE PLEASE book. You will not be disappointed.

You are within minutes walking distance to the centre of Edinburgh, but it feels like a different world. So tranquil and unique.

I have had the best birthday ever, Thank you for making it so special for me. I felt like a princess.

I will be recommending to all my friends and family and will be back soon.

Room Tip: I could not give you any Trip. This B&B has everything you could want and more.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We spent 3 nights at Bells Brae House recently and were blown away by the beauty of the room and service that we received. The attention to detail is second to none and we were sad to leave the bed behind - it was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in!! The B&B owners are so friendly without being intrusive and the roll top bath is an added luxury. We wouldn't hesitate in recommending Bells Brae House to anybody looking for a peaceful stay in a beautiful city. Thank you Stephanie and Stewart :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple