“Another wonderful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bell's Brae House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #59 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Another wonderful stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I think all the other reviewers have said it all, but I wanted to write again to say thank you to Stewart and Steph who have provided us with another delightful stay at their wonderful home. I cannot think of staying anywhere else on our annual trip to Edinburgh. Absolutely lovely. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

...and definitely the most expensive - but I'm glad we spent the extra money - it was well worth it.

The area - Dean Village (check it out on trip advisor - it has 5 stars) - is truly outstanding - all the little lanes near the river, and the river itself, the bridges and the amazing houses dotted all up the huge steep banks of the river.

The building is ace - a 1500s building - right on Dean Bridge. The room is lovely with a tiny terrace looking over the river. The bed is excellent too.

The breakfasts were fantastic - nuff said.

The people are great - very nice and helpful - flexible too - but we had our own breathing space most of the time which we're always glad of.

The bathroom is luxurious - and has two light switches - so you don't have the fan on if you want to relax. Also there's a little table outside the room which you can put dirty tea cups etc on so they can replace them with clean ones. So there's just great little touches that make it special and show they've put a lot of thought into it.

Would definitely go back and recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
UK
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The b & b is really lovely. The house is amazing, the room is large and it has one of the most comfiest beds I've slept in! The breakfast was great, very tasty and there was lots of choice, I'm a veggie and there was plenty of options for me. The owners were really friendly, helpful and very welcoming.

The location was so picturesque next to the river and we walked along the river a couple of times which was great. The room overlooks the river and it's just such a great view.

Overall this was one of the nicest places we have stayed and I would recommendation it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Edinburgh.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank salbot
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The lovely owners of this historic property have thought of everything. From the riverside room to the top quality linen, this is a 1st class place to stay. The historic village setting on the Water of Leith is a quiet oasis just outside the city, but within 10 minutes of the heart of this great Scottish destination. One note of caution though - the city is very hilly and the house is at the bottom of a steep hill, which might leave you out of breath as you head for the sights.

Room Tip: There is just one room and it is wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarob
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My partner and I stayed at Bell's Brae House twice last year and it is really an extraordinary and special place. The building has so much character and the room could not be more comfortable. The sound of the river is especially bucolic and the whole place has a simultaneously calming, elegant, and cozy feel. Steph and Stewart are perfect hosts, providing off the beaten path recommendations and attending to all our needs, while always giving us our space. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Edinburgh and look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We only stayed for one night in March but was absolutely lovely - lovely room with a very comfy bed and breakfast was fabulous in the morning. Stephanie was a great host and recommended the Stockbridge market to us the next day, which we enjoyed. We hope to return next year.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I recently traveled to a number of countries and participated in volunteer projects in each destination. It was a remarkable experience! I also wanted to explore each of the locations I visited after my volunteer projects, and since the accommodations can significantly add or detract from one's experience, I put a decent amount of effort into researching my options and trying to find unique, quality places to stay that would enhance my overseas travels. It was my way of treating myself to something special in each place.

I was so pleasantly surprised to find Bell's Brae and could not have been happier with my choice! The hosts were kind and very helpful. They happened to be watching a few dogs at the time, and though I don't think that is usually the case, it added to the welcoming atmosphere. The home, itself, has a fascinating history and is such a unique building. And the bedroom and bathroom are beautiful, private, and comfortable. It is just the kind of room I was happy to behold when I wearily stepped inside. Wonderful food, lots of amenities, gracious hosts, prime location in Dean Village, and beautiful lodgings. I'm glad I researched my options - on TripAdvisor, no less(!) - and came across this gem. Still remember looking out the balcony window as the afternoon sun sparkled on the water. I have no hesitation recommending this bed & breakfast and would happily stay there again if I'm ever back in Edinburgh!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo