All reviewsstudent accommodationthese apartmentsnicholson streetroyal miledouble bedstudent housingbreakfast facilitybirthday nightnice apartmentsmall kitchenmodern facilitiesreception staff aregreat accommodationwould stay here againwalked everywheretrain stationfringe festival
Reviewed 30 October 2013

basically university dorms.

stayed in loads of places in Edinburgh (some of the nicest places) and this is very very basic and unless you're getting it for £50 or less per night or less don't bother.

very, very small rooms. not big enough to stay with 2

Room Tip: avoid unless its less than £50 per night as it very very basic and small.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlexDragon
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I upgraded from the Mackenzie suit also run by Edinburgh University but now showing its age although still brilliantly placed for the Fringe Festival.
The room I had was perfect for one with a lovely shower & kitchen but a few things badly designed and with minimal hooks for wet towels.
The very comfortable double bed was fixed against the wall on two sides so not accessible from both sides of the bed and with a very noisy light above the bed
There was no Mirror anywhere near the power points or desk so difficult for blow drying hair and the hairdryer was broken anyway!
The only full length mirror was placed too high on the wall for me to check my complete appearance (and again no power point near by).
My friend in a room opposite with a window opening onto the flat roof complained about strong cooking smells from the other rooms so check the orientation of the room.
However I loved having my own little apartment and the position is perfect for everything at the Fringe and with a lift for good accessibility and very helpful staff on the desk!
Watch out for the cab company on a fixed phone line from the lobby who tried to overcharge us from the agreed rate on the way back to the airport with a very aggressive cab driver. I complained to the University but had no reply!

Room Tip: Check the orientation of the room for noise and smells and the position of the bed if a couple. Watch out for the cab company with a direct line from the lobby. Take your own mirror!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was put in the Richmond Place apartments by work for one night and was given a Superior Studio. Wow, I was very impressed! It was clean, modern, spacious and relaxing.
I would recommend for business or pleasure, definitely worth a place on your short list to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

It is a good choice for a family , has a bedroom upstairs and a livingroom downtown stairs.
Hotel is very close to hunters square and royal mile.5 minutes walk to royal mile and central station, 10 minutes to castle and cannon gate.
A lot of restaurants and markets around.
But not a proper hotel mostly like an university accomodation,staff is very friendly

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

A very compact apartment but modern and very clean. I thought the place was hard to find because it is only a small sign on the building indicating the hotel. The place is quiet but when there are people walking in the corridors hear them hugely. I found really very warm and friendly welcome. The internet is free which is great. The apartment is made of three small floor and there is a few steps each time it is not practical for luggage but for the price it is worth it. All done on foot as the Edinburgh Castle is just a couple of minutes (about 15 minutes). Also there is a Tesco (grocery store) close about 4 minutes on foot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Edinburgh1st, Customer Relations at Richmond Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your recent positive and informational review of Richmond Place Apartments.

We are happy you found our staff friendly and welcoming and I will pass your kind words on to them. We recently started providing free WiFi due to reviews from our guests, so it is great to hear that you appreciated this. We really appreciate the time you took to take photos of the property to go with your reviews, our guests love to see as many pictures as possible.

If you return to Edinburgh we hope you will choose to stay with us again.