“Better than the pictures! Go!”
Review of Good Seed Bistro - CLOSED

Good Seed Bistro
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gluten free and vegan dishes
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Well thought out flavours, fantastic sized portions and deliciously cooked!

I looked at the pictures and thought 'meh' but followed the reviews and stopped in here on our way out the city for a fairly early dinner.

I can say say that it was one of the most honest plates of food i have ever eaten. You won't leave here hungry and you certainly won't be disappointed, the chef has created a menu with something for everyone and can execute it very well.

The flavours are inventive but not frighteningly so and deliciously balanced.

The service was very friendly but unobtrusively so and the wine list was great and very reasonably priced!

We will be back and are really looking forward to it!

Thanks guys!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first visit to the Good Seed Bistro and cannot recommend it high enough. The food was excellent - the pork especially!! The waiter and chef could not have been friendlier and our overall experience was fantastic. This is a great restaurant where you will be guaranteed a great meal.

1  Thank Anita T
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Very attentive and friendly staff. Chef came out to speak to us which was a lovely touch. Food was of a very high standard, extremely tasty and well presented. Cannot recommend highly enough. Will definitely return.

1  Thank CarolG01
Reviewed 14 October 2013

the restaurant was quite cosy and lovely. i ordered pomegranate and walnut salad which was really good and delicious. But the mains were ok not so good, lamb was over done, mussels were good

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a really good local restaurant with friendly staff and an owner/ chef who really cares about his food.

We were greeted warmly, the chef came out to have a chat with us about what was on the menu and we both chose Mussels followed by lamb. The mussels were really nice and we were given both white and brown French bread with them.

I had asked for my lamb cooked med. rare, my husband likes his med/ well-done. Both were exactly right and usually these days, came with a decent selection of veg. Instead of the ubiquitous puree of something unidentifiable hiding under the meat and three mange tout arranged artfully on the plate, we got a generous portion of butternut squash puree, a few chunks of beetroot, savoy cabbage and mange tout.

The wine was a little more expensive than usual for a restaurant in this price range, but even the cheapest was a nice bottle.Water was brought to the table as standard, without having to ask.

The best was saved till last. My husband ordered the chocolate fondant, which was lovely and exactly the sort of thing I would have ordered, but the lemon posset had caught my eye. It was zingy, not over-sweet and one of the nicest desserts in a long time. I can really recommend it.

I gave 4 stars, rather than five because they really could do with better extraction in the kitchen and a higher door between the kitchen and restaurant. The food itself is great though. I was talking to the owner and he thinks he may have to close soon if he doesn't get more customers. It really would be a crying shame if that happened, so please give it a go (and I haven't been paid to say that :-) ).

1  Thank DeniseFEdinburgh