“Good Airport Hotel”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Ranked #76 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here one night during the week. Great proximity to the EDI airport.

Checked in about 7 pm -- the receptionists led me thru the automated kiosk check in. It was amazing simple and fast -- great idea!

Room window faced 90 degrees towards the freeway -- but with the triple insulated windows I never heard a thing.

Room was practically new and very nice. Bathroom tub was great for soaking, and bed was perfect.

It was a little tricky finding the hotel initially after turning north off of the A89, as it is located behind a couple auto dealerships.

My only question to Premier Inn is why is it so hard to find this hotel on their web site -- even when you know what you want?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review our Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to relax with a soak in the tub. Apologies for the confusion on find us on the website, using the search bar with the postal code of your desired location will always lead you to the closest Premier Inn. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very friendly and efficient hotel right through from check in to check out. Very convenient for the city centre and the zoo, with a regular bus service within a five minute walk. Also very convenient for the airport but without the noise.

Very easy to find, our room was adjacent to the motorway but we didn't hear a thing, rooms are well double glazed.

The restaurant is within the hotel and we ate there two nights out of 3 and thoroughly enjoyed our choices. Once again very efficient staff and highly recommend the lasagna.

Unfortunately not much around - one pub about 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Herodsfoot

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge). Its nice to hear that you felt our hotel offers good value for money and that you found the hotel to be quiet – just what you need for a good nights sleep!

Your feedback is important to us so thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Close to the airport, well a £9 taxi ride away. Interestingly a friend was to pick us up but we left before them, they arrived at the hotel before us, so we may have taken the "Taxi" route. The hotel is in a retail park next to a car showroom and that's probably what you might expect for the convenience of the airport. Far enough away that I didn't hear any planes at all during the night but I'm not sure of the night time schedule at the Airport.
The hotel is a modern build and has all I really needed for the overnight stay. The Premier Inn make much of the quality of the bed and your peaceful night's rest and that's exactly what I got. Don't expect the luxuries but the necessities are all there and of adequate quality. TV, kettle etc.
The welcome was good but you are encouraged to check -in using the airport style check in terminal. It didn't work for me so the receptionist then did it for me on their computer. All signs of where the money is saved. The bar was adequate, and relatively quiet.
And so to bed.
A good undisturbed sleep, the room was comfortable temperature wise and controllable. I hate bedrooms that are overheated. Shower and toilet were all as you would expect in a modern facility.
Breakfast was self serve with more than adequate provisions. Nothing of exceptional note but nothing to complain about either. Whitbread own Premier and Costa and Costa coffee is available from a machine at breakfast - if I was to complain it would be that I like my coffee made by a person who makes coffee. I know that sounds so bad but I just think they are not doing the costa brand any favours by having it dispensed by machine, even in a budget hotel chain.
And so to work.
In summary, a budget Hotel, nearish the Airport, that does the basics well. It is not setting the world alight, it is budget level but not trashy or cheap, more than adequate for a few nights stop over close to the city. What it does it does well.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same really, no choices to be made regarding views etc.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our Premier Inn.

I am glad you enjoyed an undisturbed nights sleep, we always guarantee all of our guests a good night sleep. I was disappointed that you felt the location of our hotel was not what you had expected, The transport links into Edinburgh Airport are far by the best there is to ensure you make it on time for your early morning flight.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Again stayed overnight on our way abroad
Great genuine welcome
Room as expected spotlessly clean
Thyme restaurant very good with great staff we both had fish and chips top class
Denise who,looked after is a star
You should send her to Medway
Ps after my review of Medway I was asked to send my ref number etc did so , still haven't heard anything
Send the Manager from here they would soon tidy it up
We like Premier Inn and we like the people who serve you too especially here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge).

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while in Edinburgh. It’s always great to hear such kind words. Our team here work very hard to ensure every guest is well looked after. I will ensure your feedback is well shared with Denise and the rest of the team.

Your feedback is important to us so thank you for taking the time to write this review and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The stay did not start well when we arrived at the hotel after a journey of over 400 miles to find that the rooms were not ready. It was nearly 4.30pm and the check in time is advertised as 2pm, so we were not impressed. My parents are both in their 80s and it was a real problem that they could not go straight to their room for a much deserved rest. The girl behind the desk said that rooms can take up to 5pm before they are all ready - not a good advert for Premier Inn.

The rooms themselves were fine, the usual comfortable beds etc. We had no soap etc in the dispensers for the whole of our 4 day stay, but apart from that the rooms were fine.

Breakfast was also fine, but the evening meal in the Thyme restaurant was mediocre at best. There are no other decent places to eat around the hotel, but we travelled a few miles to the Bridge Inn at Ratho one evening and this was really lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter as they try to put families and groups on the other floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge).

I am disappointed that you did not receive the warm welcome that we pride ourselves on. Check in is from 2pm and if you have requested specific rooms this may result in a delay in getting you to your desired room. Please forgive us for the lack of hand soap during your stay, I will ensure that this is passed on to our Housekeeping Manager and investigated. We are on hand 24-hours a day to sort out any issues you may have should you feel your stay is not what you expect.

We aim to offer various options to our guests in the restaurant dependant on needs and budgets and as we attract such a varied clientele it can be difficult to meet everyone’s needs.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The room and bathroom were immaculately clean, fresh and really well maintained. There was plenty of hot water for a great bath.......the beds were comfortable and the price for two of us was only £29.00. What more could a man want!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MargaretMAuld, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Jim,

I am glad you found our rooms so clean team work really hard to ensure only the highest of standards for our guests. The beds are indeed comfortable, they are provided by a company called Hypnos so the next time you are investing in a bed you know where to go!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a lovely stay here at the end of a long day travelling, the staff were very friendly & attentive. The check-in process was hassle free and quick. The kettle in the room was most welcomed after such a long day!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lynne,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Premier Inn. It was lovely to hear you found our check in hassle free. We are very proud of the atmosphere we create for guests in the hotel so it was lovely that you enjoyed it also.

I will pass on your kind comments to the team who I am sure will be glad they made your stay so enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future!