I took my son to Edinburgh for two nights to visit the zoo and National Museum. This hotel is about 8 miles out of the city but we got a great price and the bus service in to the city centre is very frequent and good. I dont know how much this would cost as my son has a bus pass due to disability which covered us both.
We had a family type room on the ground floor with large double be and sofa bed for my son. Tea and coffee making facilities which were topped up on request. Bathroom had bath with shower up above, shower gel and handwash provided. The room was spotless and cleaned daily. We had a small flatscreen television.
We did the meal deal both days we were there which gave us an all you can eat breakfast and dinner at night with a free large drink. Breakfast was lovely with a large range of good quality cooked and continental options served as a buffet. Other items such as omelettes, poached eggs, boiled eggs and porridge were cooked to order.
In the evening there was a good range of fare on the three course meal deal menu all tasty and filling. The gammon steak was particularly good, my son loved the chicken wing starter. We both loved the chocolate sundae which we chose both nights very nice indeed.
We only needed a light snack through the day so did not need a lot of spending money.
The waiting staff in the restaurant were a credit to the hotel pleasant and very helpful, they really contributed to making our stay enjoyable.
Aircraft pass over the hotel but did not bother us. I dont think there were many during the night. No bother with noise within the hotel so slept well. The bed was really comfy.
I feel for the price paid we had really good value for money and when we next visit the Edinburgh area we would be more than happy to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Start your Scottish adventure with Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge). With great nearby transport links, you'll be well placed to head off to the Scottish Highlands or jet off to Europe and beyond. Royal Highland Centre - 2.1 Miles Edinburgh International Airport Entrance - 2.7 Miles Edinburgh International Climbing Arena - 2.7 Miles Sat Nav: EH28 8TG ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel Edinburgh
- Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel Scotland