“Very good place to stay when visiting Edinburgh”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Ranked #68 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Perth, United Kingdom
“Very good place to stay when visiting Edinburgh”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at the Premier Inn at Newbridge a number of times especially when visiting Gardening Scotland at Ingliston. It is comfortable and clean with a good restaurant. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
NYC
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have only stayed at an airport hotel before (not by choice) and it was horrendous. Needless to say, I had low expectations, but we needed to stay near the airport for an 8am flight to Dublin. We also didn't want to pay Hilton prices for a one-night stay at a location that no one really wants to be at except out of pure necessity. Well, after this experience, I've changed my mind about what an airport hotel can be like, given our price point. This place was very close to ideal. The room, #112, was enormous (the bathroom was also enormous), spotless, and clean. I admit I get creeped out by the very idea of airport hotels because of the high turnover of guests and their pet bedbugs. This room had the look of disciplined cleaning and that nagging worry got stored away for the time being.

My only two minor complaints are that the bed was a little hard and the tub was slippery. I guess I should also add that for those of you who expect free Wifi with your room, it is only free for the first 30 minutes, then you have to pay to continue using it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JKnyc
manchester
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lovely hotel. Even though it is very close to the airport and low flying planes, the room was lovely and quiet. Breakfast was lovely, as was the evening meal. Staff friendly and pleasant. Wouls definately return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cardiff
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here on a work trip, and would recommend it for a decent meal and a sound night's sleep all within a bus journey of Edinburgh city centre. My only negative comment would be that despite marketing itself as an airport hotel, it's not very close at all to the airport!

I walked from Edinburgh Airport to the hotel, and it took just short of 45 minutes, most of it walking alongside a dual carriageway. That's fine if (like me) you're a relatively fit man in his 30s and you don't have much luggage - but if you had a suitcase or children with you, it's probably just too far. And the cost of a taxi effectively undoes any saving you might have made by staying in a budget hotel!

But onto the good stuff. The staff at the Premier Inn were very helpful and pleasant indeed, the rooms in this very new hotel were comfortable, and the food in the restaurant is decent fare and sensibly-priced. And despite being under the airport flight patch, I got a decent night's sleep (probably better than you'd manage in a city centre hotel with all the accompanying late-night noise that brings!).

I'd certainly consider staying again in future, although probably not if I had lots of kit to carry from the airport!

Room Tip: It's a 45 minute walk from the airport - if you're not fit enough for that (or have luggage...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here to catch an early morning flight.
Good points - Easy check-in and clean comfortable room.
Bad points - Rip off prices in the bar, £8.15 for a tin of Guinness and a cider.
Food in the restaurant was awful, tasteless and dried up, looks like over cooked
frozen ready meal.

Room Tip: Eat somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrock1
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn. I was pleased to know that you found the hotel clean and comfortable.

I apologise that your didn’t enjoy your evening meal. This is not our usual standard of service and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our Food&Beverage manager.

I hope this would not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Margaret Auld
Operations Manager
Paralimni, Cyprus
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived at Edinburgh 10.00pm after flying from Cyprus and wanted to stop over before driving south to Newcastle.Premier Inn was recommended and were absolutely delighted with it.The most comfortable hotel bed we have slept in for years.Reception staff were pleasant and good humoured and the buffet style breakfast was a bellybuster.Only down side was we couldn't get a drink at the Bar - it had closed.Thank God for Duty Free vodka in the case!
We will be going back there at the start of the Christmas holidays this year.
Very reasonable prices as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Campbell F
JohnBoswell1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Campbell,

Thank you for your kind review of our Premier Inn. It’s always great to hear about our guest’s experiences.
I'm glad you enjoyed our bed, it’s provided by hypnos and it’s the same company as the Queen uses!
Its great you found our staff to be so helpful and good-humoured. I will ensure your lovely comments are shared with them.

We shall see you in the festive period, if you will be arriving last orders, be sure to give us a call and we can have a nightcap waiting for you!

John Boswell
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's a Premier Inn - what can I say ? It is clean and tidy and had a Beefeater style restaurant attached. Rooms spacious, and clean. It is about 5 mins from the airport and the hotel with make a taxi reservation for you. Costs £9 to the airport. All in all as expected.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nathan N
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge). It’s always great to get our guests feedback.
I am glad you found our hotel to be so handy for the Airport; we are located at the end of the runway and are less than a 10minute drive to the terminal.

We hope to see you again the next time you fly out.

John Boswell