Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$251
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$231
US$176
  • Room Service
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
1,496 results
All reviewsstayed hereflight pathmeal dealan early morning flightthyme restaurantpark and ridenext morninggreat sleepcomfortable bedovernight stayfamily roomcity centrenight's sleepshort staybudget hotelexcellent staytaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at the Premier Inn at Newbridge a number of times especially when visiting Gardening Scotland at Ingliston. It is comfortable and clean with a good restaurant. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have only stayed at an airport hotel before (not by choice) and it was horrendous. Needless to say, I had low expectations, but we needed to stay near the airport for an 8am flight to Dublin. We also didn't want to pay Hilton prices for a one-night stay at a location that no one really wants to be at except out of pure necessity. Well, after this experience, I've changed my mind about what an airport hotel can be like, given our price point. This place was very close to ideal. The room, #112, was enormous (the bathroom was also enormous), spotless, and clean. I admit I get creeped out by the very idea of airport hotels because of the high turnover of guests and their pet bedbugs. This room had the look of disciplined cleaning and that nagging worry got stored away for the time being.

My only two minor complaints are that the bed was a little hard and the tub was slippery. I guess I should also add that for those of you who expect free Wifi with your room, it is only free for the first 30 minutes, then you have to pay to continue using it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKnyc
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Lovely hotel. Even though it is very close to the airport and low flying planes, the room was lovely and quiet. Breakfast was lovely, as was the evening meal. Staff friendly and pleasant. Wouls definately return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here on a work trip, and would recommend it for a decent meal and a sound night's sleep all within a bus journey of Edinburgh city centre. My only negative comment would be that despite marketing itself as an airport hotel, it's not very close at all to the airport!

I walked from Edinburgh Airport to the hotel, and it took just short of 45 minutes, most of it walking alongside a dual carriageway. That's fine if (like me) you're a relatively fit man in his 30s and you don't have much luggage - but if you had a suitcase or children with you, it's probably just too far. And the cost of a taxi effectively undoes any saving you might have made by staying in a budget hotel!

But onto the good stuff. The staff at the Premier Inn were very helpful and pleasant indeed, the rooms in this very new hotel were comfortable, and the food in the restaurant is decent fare and sensibly-priced. And despite being under the airport flight patch, I got a decent night's sleep (probably better than you'd manage in a city centre hotel with all the accompanying late-night noise that brings!).

I'd certainly consider staying again in future, although probably not if I had lots of kit to carry from the airport!

Room Tip: It's a 45 minute walk from the airport - if you're not fit enough for that (or have luggage/kids), look into local buses in the area. I think the X38 might serve the area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here to catch an early morning flight.
Good points - Easy check-in and clean comfortable room.
Bad points - Rip off prices in the bar, £8.15 for a tin of Guinness and a cider.
Food in the restaurant was awful, tasteless and dried up, looks like over cooked
frozen ready meal.

Room Tip: Eat somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carrock1
MargaretMAuld, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Edinburgh Airport Newbridge Premier Inn. I was pleased to know that you found the hotel clean and comfortable.

I apologise that your didn’t enjoy your evening meal. This is not our usual standard of service and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our Food&Beverage manager.

I hope this would not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Kind regards,