“Good choice for an overnight stay near the airport”

Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Ranked #75 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I didn't get to stay here very long, as I had a late flight into Edinburgh and an early flight to Toronto the next morning. I usually have a very tough time sleeping the night before I board a plane, and with the late flight and early turnaround, I was resigned to another fitful night. Instead, I got five hours of sleep that felt like ten. My room was clean and cool, the bed was huge and blissfully comfortable, and best of all, the overnight staff could not have been any friendlier or any more helpful to this sleep-deprived American traveler. My only reservations about this place: the lack of an airport shuttle(even though a cab will only cost nine or ten pounds, and the staff will happily book one for you), and only thirty minutes of free wifi(IIRC). I regret not being able to eat at the restaurant, which looked quite good. All in all, I was quite satisfied with my all-too-brief stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jason B
JohnBoswell1, Reception Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge). We always welcome our guest’s feedback.

I am so pleased to hear that your short but sweet stay ticked all the right boxes. Our main goal is to make all our guests feel brilliant through a great nights sleep and it sound like we did just that.
We do not operate a shuttle bus to the Airport for many reasons, one of the main ones is we find that we find it wouldn’t be as carbon friendly as we would like. With guests leaving for the airport at the same time, we promote a “Taxi Share” where guests can car pull to the airport cutting down on your carbon footprint and saving money - win/win!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Used this location as needed to pick up from the airport and have access to the road system so in that respect it was ideal. I always like new hotels and this did not disappoint although the self-check-in system did not recognise me.... Room was as clean and comfortable as always and you would never have know how close the airport was if you didn't already know. The thing that really let it down was how busy the bar/restaurant was. I know you can;t plan these things but it seemed to be woefully undersized so my recommendation would be, if you plan to eat there, make sure you book.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank H2EauNo

Dear H2EauNo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn. It’s always great to get our guests feedback.
I'm glad you found our location to be so handy for an Airport pick up, situated at the end of Edinburgh Airports runway its not only the views there are great but the link to the M9 will get you there in no time.

I'm sorry you found our bar & Thyme restaurant to be so busy during your visit. At this time of year we have a lot of groups staying with us and pre booking a table is advised. All our guests will receive a SMS reminder and instructions on how to book before they stay to ensure that no one is kept waiting.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked a stay in Edinburgh back in August unaware that the Fringe was on during our stay, this made finding an affordable hotel rather tricky, we managed to book this Premier Inn for our first night and the Airport Travelodge for our second night.

The hotel is not in walking distance from the airport and is on an estate with car dealerships and no other shops or restaurants, but we had a hire car so this was not an issue.

The rooms are as you would expect with Premier Inn, comfortable, clean and quiet even though the hotel is at the end of the runway there is very little aircraft noise.

This hotel benefits from a thyme restaurant which is the better of the premier inn restaurants, we opted for the meal deal which is £22.99 for a two course meal, drink and an all you can eat breakfast, the sirloin steaks were fantastic as was the breakfast.

We slept well, only niggle was the shower, which could have done with more pressure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tondoz
JohnBoswell1, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Tondoz,

Thank you for your review of our Premier Inn, Its great to hear such lovely feedback.
I am so glad you took us up on our Meal Deal; this really is great value for all and the new and improved menu means you can choose from the whole menu.

I will pass your comments regarding the water pressure to our in house maintenance team to see if there has been an issue we have missed.

We hope to see you again in the future,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I visited Edinburgh with my 2 nieces July 27 - 30 & stayed at this hotel. We had a wonderful time, staff was more than friendly & even made suggestions on other places to eat. Very near airport & staff made taxi reservations for us. Room was large enough for the 3 of us & beds were extremely comforable.
Patty Riexinger, Alexis & Brooke Targus
Gasport, NY USA

1  Thank PinkLady5775

Dear PinkLady5775,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with our Premier Inn. It was a pleasure having you as our guests. I hope you are your nieces enjoyed it as much as we did.

If you are in Edinburgh again, please do come visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at Premier inn Edinburgh airport in July for one night. we selected this hotel as it was very close to the airport and we had an early morning flight to catch. Nice clean hotel. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Ideal place for overnight stay near the airport. we did not dine at the hotel.

1  Thank Gautam D

Dear Gautam D,

Thank you for you review of our Premier Inn, Its great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m glad you found our rooms to be so clean & comfortable.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights during commonwealth games.
Self checkin impersonal but it worked.
Hotel and rooms all new and clean. Wide corridors.
Showers adequate but not invigorating.
Breakfast fine.
No 'service bus' to airport: hotel offer taxi for £8.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Poole-UK-Traveller

Dear Poole-UK-Traveller,

Thank you for your review of our Premier Inn, we always love to hear feedback from our guests.
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay but found our Quick & Easy Check in Kiosks rather impersonal, these are designed to help beat those busy que's after a long journey.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and decided to go to Edinburgh the next day. We arrived late so had contacted the hotel beforehand to have the beds set up ready for the kids to go straight to bed. We recieved a very warm welcome when we arrived. The room was set up as we had asked. We paid for breakfast which was worth it as our kids ate free with our meals. The food was great and plenty of it. Its great to get into Edinburgh from there as there is a park and ride just down the road with free parking. Also a family day ticket is just £7.50. Would recommend a stay here.

1  Thank Neil J

Dear Neil,

Thank you for your kind review of Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge), Its great to hear how much fun you had while in Scotland for the commonwealth games. I am pleased to hear that you received our world famous warm welcome, exactly what you need after a long journey.

I'm glad you took advantage of our Kids Eat Free Deal at breakfast; our team provide all you need to start you on your day.