Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel
Ranked #64 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Fife, Scotland
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I would just like to say we stayed at the premier inn near Edinburgh airport last night and it was excellent , will definitely recommend and will definitely be back , the staff were friendly and very helpful , the restaurant food was excellent and the room was very comfy , I've stayed in 5 star hotels that were not as good as this and paid a lot more for the pleasure .. So well done ..

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Norma381975
Margaret A, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Norma381975,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge). Its great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your 5* review to our teams here.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Caddington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

As Premier Inns go, this was probably one of the poorest (and yet most expensive) we've stayed in. Upon arrival from the airport there were no staff manning the reception (a regular occurrence throughout our stay). We were firmly told that check in time was not flexible and was 2pm. The bar was unmanned so we couldn't even get a hot drink and the restaurant was closed. We walked half a mile to McDonalds and spent the next two hours there. On arriving back at the hotel we still had an hour to spare so while the men in our party browsed the local car showrooms, the ladies headed to the bar. Surprise surprise, no one on duty. A quick request to the rarely manned reception promised that someone would be with us in "2 minutes." 25 minutes later someone showed up, began pouring our drinks, was interrupted by another guest who had been allowed to check in prior to 2pm (?!) and whose credit card had been declined. This guest was rude and argumentative and so our drinks order was put to one side and he was served first. We will not be returning!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lesley H
JohnBoswell1, Reception Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Lesley,

Thank your review of our Premier Inn, we value your feedback and take on board your comments, I am deeply upset that you don't think you will be returning, as it was a pleasure having you as our guests.

Our Reception is manned 24-hours a day with a dedicated team on hand to help out where possible with early check ins. Check in is from 2pm and departure is until 12pm, this gives us just enough time to ensure all our rooms are cleaned to the highest possible standards for all our guests.

I would like to talk to you in more detail regarding your stay, if you can contact me direct on 0131-344-5650 or ReceptionMgr.EdinburghAirportNewbridge@Whitbread.com I would love to get more information.

I hope to hear from you soon.

East Lothian, Scotland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed with my family in two adjoining rooms at the Premier Inn near Edinburgh Airport and had a most enjoyable stay. The Receptionist was very helpful and friendly and our rooms were very comfortable with lovely facilities. We had a beautiful meal in the evening in the Restaurant and breakfast in the morning before leaving by taxi for the Airport which is only about 5 minutes away.
I would recommend this Hotel especially to people who intend to catch a flight next morning - and rate is per room, not per person, which can include 2 adults and up to 2 children - so good value.

Room Tip: If there are more than 4 in your party, then ask for an adjoining room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet3197
Hi Janet3197,

Thank you for your kind review of our Premier Inn, Its great to hear lovely feedback. I will be sure to pass on your enjoyment regarding the food to our F&B team; they do work really hard to help all our guests to feel great through a great nights sleep.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Arrived at 15 Aug at 1330 to a lovely warm welcome by the reception staff she told us all we needed to know had one off the best nights sleep ive ever had I had will definitely stay here again on my next visit the only thing I missed was a small fridge but that was just me but I would recommend this hotel 100% p's just a big thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the lift
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank allan g
Hi Allan,

Thank you for your kind review of our Premier Inn, Its great to hear such great feedback regarding our team. I am so pleased you would recommend our hotel 100%. We hope to see you again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Spotless hotel, very friendly and efficient check-in, great restaurant with really friendly staff and fab food - camembert was excellent. Steak not quite top notch but all else great. Highly recommended for stays at the airport. Just at Newbridge roundabout - a few mins drive away from airport. Just turn right at the lights where all the car places are! Signage not the best!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelEd73
Margaret A, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear TravelEd73,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge), It was a pleasure having you as our guests and I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments on to our teams here. I hope you enjoy the Camembert as much as we do.

Operations Manager
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was not overly enthusiastic about staying at a chain hotel as for the rest of my trip I had been staying at cute little b&b's. However I thought I would give it a chance. Well never again will I stay at a Premier inn! As soon as I walking in my room I was overwhelmed with the smell of urine. Hoping that I was perhaps going crazy after being in so many different places, I went to go get a traveling companion to come into my room. She however agreed with my initial reaction. I then went down to the front desk to inquire about either changing rooms or at least getting the room cleaned again. They told me that they would send someone up to my room to investigate. Forty minutes later a worker came into my room, and quickly disagreed with me. Also at the same time informing me that there were no more rooms available and that the room had been thoroughly cleaned before I got the room. She then let me know that she would go and get some room spray......great! She never returned to my room and two hours later I went down for dinner. As I was leaving the eating area I saw her and asked if she had found something for me. She handed me a summer berry themed bathroom spray. I went back up to my room to hopefully mask the scent. I did manage to pinpoint the area of the smell which thank god was the bathroom as at least I could close the door. The summer berry spray offered a small amount of respite. I went to open the window to at least get some fresh air only to discover that the window was sealed shut. Fantastic. Oh well, only 2 nights here. The next morning I held my breath as I took a quick shower before breakfast. I went to blow dry my hair with the hotel supplied drier. I got through about 3 minutes of drying when the dryer died. I then went downstairs to get a new one from a hotel staff, he said he would send one up right away! Good! only 45 minutes later, my hair was drying into a curly frizzy mass as i still had no dryer. Luckily for me the cleaning staff was just outside my room so I went and asked them for a new one. The girl was very helpful and understood my sense of urgency and I'm sure my hair was looking like a wild beast at that point. I went back into my room and though maybe I could try my hair dryer again, maybe I would get lucky! And oh was it, it started! Hooray! 30 seconds later copious amounts of smoke started to pour out of the end of the hairdryer. Ok never mind that then. The cleaning staff came through in the end though with a brand new hair dryer! Ok off to breakfast! After breakfast I had a bit of free time, so I thought maybe I would make myself some tea. I filled the kettle and settled on the bed to watch a bit of TV. 15 minutes later I realized the kettle was boiling. And had been boiling for 10 minutes now. Auto turn off was perhaps not working so well...? Anyways that was the point where I swore I would never stay at a premier inn. I hope you found this review helpful. Take it with a grain of salt though, maybe I'm just unlucky..?

Room Tip: Ask for any room but 233....
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Margaret A, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Josie,

Thank you for your review of Premeir Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge). I appricate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm deeply upset that you would never choose to stay with Premier Inn again, please be assured that these issues mentioned fall far below our usual standards.

If you can contact myself or my Reception Manager John on 0131-344-5650 to discuss this in more detail we can get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

OperationsManager.EdinburghAirportNewbridge@Whitbread.com
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good Hotel stay - Reasonable quiet despite being next to runway, pleasant and helpful staff, clean, well maintained, room was a bit stuffy with no airco, good free wifi, average breakfast - rather limited selection of food and no bacon /sausages, poor weak coffee, average price, good pickup bus service. Would recommend for one night

Room Tip: room not facing runway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank king_arthur93
Margaret A, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Colin,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us here at Edinburgh Airport (Newbridge) Premier Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
I'm sorry you felt the room to be rather stuffy; all our rooms come with powerful Mitsubishi Aircon that can be controlled from the rooms and from our management office.
Our Premier Breakfast is an "all you can eat" buffet with all the hot favourites, I'm sorry that the demand for these hot items left you feeling hungry. The coffee we use is only the finest Costa coffee beans grind freshly for every cup.

I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Operations Manger