All reviews stag do city centre twin room princes street beds were comfortable cooked breakfast late at night within walking distance full scottish family room minute walk fresh fruit enjoyable stay fringe festival edinburgh castle tea and coffee royal mile
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

What a hotel and what an owner, 15 Lads in a hotel that beats all others, Great rooms, Great Breakfast and an owner who gives that much more and I know! Whether afternoon or late at night opened the Bar for drinks and very cheap, Is a bit of a walk to town but we got cabs, I couldn’t fault this place and was so much better than we all thought, if you want luxury then suggest paying £££s if you want a clean, respectable and SAFE place then this is for you, the owner is a friend for life and the weather was DAN cold!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed for ten days at this hotel. It's a bit far from the city centre (if you're fond of walking, it's a 20-25 minute walk), anyway you can take bus number 8 and you get off at North Bridge. From there, you're near the Royal Mile, Princes Street, Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum, the Writers' Museum...everything is within walking distance.
The hotel is really comfortable, rooms are clean and well equipped with towels, shampoo, soap, heating, tv, electric kettle, coffee, tea... 10/10 ☺

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2017

At £40 b&b, single occupancy of a good sized twin room in Edinburgh, the Claremont is great value for money. Nice quite location about a 15 minutes walk from Princes Street via Brought on Street - lots of local bars and restaurants close by. Large terraced property, rambling internally in typical Edinburgh fashion. Bedroom was clean as was bathroom and all looked to have had a recent coat of paint - only downside was a limited internet connection. Breakfast was very good, all the usual plus a full Scottish. All in all, great value and will definitely use again on another night out.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ianmZ149HR
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Location was about 15 mins walk from bus station which is a good exercise. Breakfast is great with choice of bacon, eggs and sausages you can request. It comes with breakfast buffet too (cereals, breads, juices, fruits and etc.) The owner is very friendly and gives you all info you need. Rooms are on a decent clean state. Its has an Edinburgh feel to it! My only criticism is my wifi in my room (no.14) not working properly but I didn’t complain just because I didn’t really need it thats the only thing that stopped me from giving it a very good rating.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I was greeted by the owner James who was extremely pleasant, chatty and a font of information. After 30 years in the business he has clearly worked out what works for his customers and for him. The rooms are spotless; the bed linen is perfectly laundered and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately I was unwell so couldn't enjoy the abundant breakfast but I did go to see what was on offer. Oh my, it's a better spread than I've experienced at some well known hotels. Fresh cold meats, cheese, bread, pancakes, cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast and if you prefer a hot breakfast there is either a full Scottish or a vegetarian option. And all washed down with tea (your choice) or coffee. If that doesn't set you up for the day then you are a hard person to please. I'll go back (as long as they have a room because it's usually booked out).
Only downside - the wifi didn't work in my room. James did try to fix the problem but he couldn't sort it out before I left.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo