I spent couple days discovering exciting Edinbugh which is definately a "must see". My room was clean(a little bit small) and very quite assuring good sleep,lovely room. quiet room with good shower, two comfy beds, comfortable room temperature. Breakfast, both scottish or continental, were server in an nice lounge. Pleasant and helpful staff, I was provided with bus information and given maps etc as to how to travel into the city but it only took a lovely walk and I was soon in the heart of the citys old town,l.The only thing I would say and not really a dislike was my day on Thursday.Someone woke me up in the morning because of hoovering(it was around 8 o'clock)after that some guy called me and asked me about coming for the breakfast,I was suprised,I wanted sleep and didn't expect those things,finally I woke up and went for the breakfast, I didn't even find my place to sit and the rude guy from reception forced me to decide asap what I want to eat and drink.I didn,t see that guy before maybe he was in training but he was not good at all.After I got my breakfast I wanted drink more juice but young girl took those juices out because that guy told her to do it. I was not only the one guest in lounge who was not happy about that but that guy didn't care at all.I will be back but only if Debra or Paul are gonna be there because the customer service is great then!!Would certainly choose to stay at Abbey Hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in an elegant tree-lined terrace, overlooking the Firth of Forth, is the Abbey Hotel (formerly Greenside Hotel). Designed by the renowned architect William Playfair as a family town house for a wealthy merchant, this is an traditional Georgian building, built in 1820, with many of fine original features still in place. ***NEWLY REFURBISHED RECEPTION & PUBLIC AREAS****PLEASE NOTE RECEPTION IS NOT OPEN 24hrs.*Latest Check-In Time is 10:30PM - Should you have an unscheduled travel delay please call the Hotel to arrange a later check-in.The hotel is ideally situated for both business and leisure guests, being a 10 minute walk from the bustling cosmopolitan heart of the City.Only 10 minutes to Princes Street and Ocean Terminal for the Royal Yacht Brittania. Close to Playhouse Theatre (5 minutes walk), Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street (with it's famous gardens and views of Edinburgh Castle).Access to Edinburgh's International Conference Centre, the Airport and motorway networks is very convenient, and Waverley train and St Andrew Square bus station are close by. Our welcoming en-suite rooms offer the discerning traveller all the comforts expected, including Freeview Digital colour television, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer and telephone.****Free Wi-Fi (Internet access is available in all bedrooms), also lap-top hire if required********Snacks available within the hotel, upon request*********Local Golf can be arranged*****Most of the hotel's refurbished rooms (new soft furnishings include DUVETS on guest beds, although blankets also provided, if preferred) provide wonderful views over Royal Terrace gardens and out to the Firth of Forth, or the tranquility of our own private gardens to the rear.Edinburgh has all that the visitor could wish for. With many fine art galleries, museums and theatres, a cultural presence is never far away. History is reflected in the Royal Mile, the Palace of Holyrood House and the Castle, all contrasting with the elegant terraces of the 'new town'.As a base for touring, Edinburgh is unbeatable.There is a wide variety of local shopping facilities, including Harvey Nichols, restaurants and bars. Just a few minute's walk from the Omni Centre which boasts a Warner Village Cinema , bars, restaurants, nightclub and comedy venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Abbey Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greenside Hotel Edinburgh
- Abbey Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland