“Never will stay here again”

Fountain Court Apartments - Grove
chic_ma
“Never will stay here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

heavily heavily stained carpet and very strong smoking room smell in living room and hall way. kitchen and bedrooms were clean. The bathroom was very dirty as well, the wall is slimy. The staffs were trying to be helpful but sorry, nothing is enough to change the fact of the room quality ( don't know if there was a clean apt exist?) . It's just a horrible experience for us. We paid range 270-420USD a night for our 9 day UK trip, this place top the price and bottom the quality.
In fact, our other 7 nights are : 1 ok, 6 excellent, 1 terrible--this one

Room Tip: Sorry, there is no swimming pool I believe, but I can't unchecked it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Fountain_Court, Reception Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
I was very surprised to read your review of your recent stay.

Firstly should the apartment have been in the condition you have described I am very surprised that you stayed in the apartment and that you did not contact Reception immediately.

I would ask that you contact me directly to discuss your stay.

stephen.kinnear@fountaincourt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Legnano, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I was in Edinburgh last August, during Festival, so it was hard to find out a vacation and prices were really high. For 640 euros (4 nights), I stayed with my husband in a 1-bedroom apartment.
It was good to have all home comforts and the possibility to use a kitchen. Only negative points: the mattress was low-quality so not comfortable, kitchen tools (flatware, dishes, glasses) were ugly and old (why? IKEA is full of cheap and nice items!).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Peter, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff was helpful and courteous upon check-in, they were very busy at the time. Our apartment is #105. The kitchen is clean and well equipped.

The first night we were here, we'd been up for 36 hours, and were exhausted. I complained to my husband about the strong smoke smell in the bathroom and the filthy carpets, but we were so tired, we didn't want to walk back down to reception and we just fell in to bed exhausted. The following day (yesterday) I took stock of the situation, the smoke smell had lightened up slightly, but was still evident, strongly by the fan (these are non-smoking units, so I suspect the previous renter was smoking into the fan). There was mildew in the shower, the carpets are stained and unvacuumed and the decorative coverlet had stains from previous residents (eww).

This morning I asked the front desk to address these issues (i didn't mention the mildew, as I figured the other things were more important). When I told her about the smoke smell, the woman at the desk said "these are non-smoking units". I'm thinking, "Yes, I know...this is a must for us, I have an allergy to smoke smell, Ma'am. I want you to know this is unpleasant and unhealthy for me. I also don't want to be charged for the stinking smoke if the next person complains." When we returned home this afternoon, there was a clean coverlet and it looks like there was a potential attempt at the vacuum, but I finally had to just pick up the big hairball from the carpet that was here when we arrived. I don't think their Hoover works or they don't know how to use it. The bathroom still smells like stale smoke, as well.

The location of the apartment is good and the price is good. I just don't think you should have high expectations that it is a fresh apartment...it is not.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fountain_Court, Reception Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your recent review whilst resident with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in our Housekeeping standards, our Housekeeping Manager has contacted you to apologise and has actionned your feedback.

The apartments are non-smoking and we do try to monitor this, I apologise if we failed to do this on this occassion.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

What a place clean tidy lovely apartments could not have stayed at a better place.
Secure well equipped for a great holiday apartments ,dishwasher, washer dryer, fridge, hair dryer, tv Internet fully furnished with friendly helpful service from the staff for the littlest thing nothing was a bother for them they were there to please and they did. Just the place to stay if you need to save the penny's on food the kitchen was really well equipped. Would stay there again in a heart beat loved the place.!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Fountain_Court, Reception Manager at Fountain Court Apartments - Grove, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for your positive comments which I shall share with the team.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and as you quite rightly say with having the full kitchen you can make savings.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at the Fountain Court apartments for 2 nights last week whilst we were at the Golf Open. The location was superb as only 5 mins from Haymarket Train Station and apartment was clean with all amenities. Above all the staff were superb!! Customer service is a dying breed and was refreshing to deal with such excellent staff. Would highly recommened anyone to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay over the Open Golf and for your positive comments which I have shared with all the team.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Modern apartment in a quiet location. Not too far from the center but be prepared to walk a little but (or to take a taxi). Staff at the reception is welcoming and helpful.

The kitchen is well equipped and bedrooms and bathrooms are ok.
We were given an apartment on the ground floor, but the apartment does not open on a street so it is not a problem.

Nevertheless, the main entrance door makes a terrible noise each time it is closing. With a neighbor going to smoke outside every 30 minutes, it was sometimes annoying. This should be fixed in one way or another.

The main problem is the carpet which absolutely disgusting, full of stains. When we asked for something to be done, we were told that it was nevertheless clean (which is probably true) and were given two pairs of slippers...
But this stains on the light colored carpet gives a very negative feeling and I dont understand why they are not changed or replaced by something that can be easily cleaned.

It is a pity because the apartments are rather nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay in April.

I have fed back your constructive comments to our Facilities Manager regarding the main entrance door to the block and the carpets which we do have an ongoing cleaning programme - however we are reviewing the choice of colour.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for a night with another couple. Warm and friendly welcome. Had to find the apartment ourselves although not exactly difficult. Plenty of parking spaces. Walking distance of about 15 minutes to city centre with plenty of bars and cafes near by. The conscierge will also organise a taxi if needed.

The apartment was a decent size with nice furnishings and was spotless. All doors were fire safety and therefore slammed behind us if not closed by yourself which meant loud bangs every time you left a room! As with all new builds you can hear the neighbours also slamming their doors which was a bit annoying when its 4am!

When we arrived home we found the front door to be double locked and so we had go in the unlocked back door (which smokers leave open)so its not exactly secure entry then later on in the night we were disturbed by a drunken hen party also trying to get in!

The next morning we found there was no hot water. We rang reception and within the minute maintenance was up fixing the boiler as the pilot light had gone out. The shower was powerful and hot in the end. Staff also waivered the 10.30 checkout due to the shower. We were also able to leave our car in the car park while we got breakfast.

Staff and cleanliness at a good standard, would recommend to others however nothing too exciting to rave about.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor as no neighbours above slamming doors or heavy feet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends